[Mac] Sims 3 World Adventures will not install

by paige2296

Original Post

[Mac] Sims 3 World Adventures will not install

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, 

Yesterday I bought the Sims 3 world adventures expansion pack. I put the Sims 3 in the location because for some reason they didn't have the option for world adventures. It took four hours to download from Origin. After that I started to install it and it sticks on 6 out of 568 and will not load. I even left it over night to see if it was just taking extra long and it stayed stuck in the same place. I am using a Mac and I know its not my computer because I just downloaded a game from here a month ago and it works just fine. I would like to know what I can do to fix this, and if for some reason I cannot, how to get my money back?

Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Sims 3 World Adventures will not install

★★ Novice

I also just updated everything on my Mac and it is the 10.7.5. As I have said, however, I just bought a game last month and it worked fine.

Message 2 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: [Mac] Sims 3 World Adventures will not install

★★ Apprentice

Hey there, 

There hasn't been a proper fix for this issue, but I still have a few steps that may be in help of you:

1. Go to the Disk Utility and verify your disk permissions and disk. If the Disk Utility finds any problem with your disk permissionss, then click "Repair Disk Permissions". If there is something wrong with your disk, shut down your computer, and turn on your computer using Recovery HD. To do that, while your computer starts up, hold Command+D keys on your keyboard. The Disk Utility will show up and there repair you disk (once again, if there's something wrong with the disk itself.)

2. Delete The Sims 3 installation file that is stored in your Origin folder. The installation wizard (or whatever it is called) may be corrupted or broken and downloading a new one may resolve your problem.

ALSO, if you could post the specs of your Mac, I may provide further steps or suggestions about your issue. Specs like, hard disk capacity, RAM, graphics card.

These are all the solutions I can think of right now. If you encounter any problems, have questions about the steps or if the steps work, please let me know.

Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)