[Mac] Sims 3 University crashes when pressing play on the launcher

by RadioActive2112

Original Post

[Mac] Sims 3 University crashes when pressing play on the launcher

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently dowloaded the Sims 3 university from Origin however when i press play on the launcher it loads for about 5 seconds then crashes. Ive tried uninstalling it and re installing it and no change. When i launch it from origin it says that its going to go threw an external launcher and a copy the code that it gives me but there isn't a different launcher or application. 

I really don't know what to do so any help is appreciated. Also i forgot to mention that my game is on a mac. Thank You 

Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

Re: [Mac] Sims 3 University crashes when pressing play on the launcher

@RadioActive2112

- Have you managed to actually install it? It doesn't sound like you have if it's giving you the code when you try and launch it through Origin. That's for installation purposes as it's giving you the option to copy the code to your clipboard for pasting into the installation window when prompted. 

- Is UL showing up at the bottom of your Launcher or is it greyed out?

- Have you tried to launch it through the game icon in your Applications folder? You don't need to launch it through Origin (if it's installed)

- Disable Origin in Game. In Origin go to Origin > Preferences > Origin In Game and untick the box next to Enable Origin In Game.

- Download and install the super patch.

- Do you have CC/Mods? If so did you move them out before installing UL?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)