Late Night & Outdoor Living Stuff not recognising as installed

by wynniethepooh

Original Post

Late Night & Outdoor Living Stuff not recognising as installed

★★★ Newbie

All of my Sims 3 games and expansion packs are hard discs. I recently upgraded from Leopard to Mountain Lion with a clean harddrive install, so all my files and applications were left behind in the transfer. I attempted to reinstall all my game (including all expansion and stuff packs up to Supernatural) one at a time and doing updates between each, but this resulted in crashing when World Adventures recognised the base game as too advanced. In response to this, I uninstalled all of the ones I'd managed to install, and then began again without updating between. I reached Supernatural and played as normal, without any crashes or issues. I then realised that it was saying I didn't have Late Night installed. This was similarly an issue with Outdoor Living (as seen in the launcher). However, when I look in my applications folder, both games are present. If I open Outdoor Living Stuff, it says an update is available for my game, and opens as if it is it's own game, separate from the others, but brings up an "unknown error" message when I click yes on installing the update. Why has my game not amalgamated properly with the rest of the game and what can I do about it?

Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: Late Night & Outdoor Living Stuff not recognising as installed

Community Manager

The latest update fixed a lot of issues for Macs. Please update your game and try again.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)