Generations expansion wont show up

by Sumire_Lythrum

Original Post

Generations expansion wont show up

★★★ Newbie

A few days ago I bought the generations, pets and world adventures expnsion packs. I installed them all properly and then went to play my new games and the start up imediately defaulted to pets. When I play pets I have all the items and features that world adventures and pets give but generations features and everything that comes with it are no where to be found in my game. I know I instaled it so I went and looked through the files of all the expansions I have and generations doesn't even show up. There is no unistaler or anything. I tried to reinstal generations with the disk and it said that a previouse version already existed on my mac but I could override it so I did and it still isn't showing up. Does anyone now what I should do or if I did something wrong? Is this a known issue or am I just that special? I have a mac just fyi.

Message 1 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Generations expansion wont show up

Champion (Retired)

Hi

Are all of the games on discs or is it a mixture of disc and digital downloads?

First thing to do is to go into Applications on your Mac and look in the folder called “The Sims 3”. This is the location from which your game actually launches (as opposed to a similarly named folder within Documents, which is where your saves and other data are stored). In the folder in Applications you will see the shortcut icons for the base game as well as any expansions or stuff packs installed. If you can see the icon for Generations, try right clicking on it and this should give you the option to show the original file. You can move the original files to the trash from there. This may allow you to commence reinstalling it again.

If this does not work, or if the icon is missing from the “The Sims 3” folder in Applications, then you may need to completely uninstall and reinstall.

When you uninstall TS3 games on your Mac using the uninstaller, the game leaves behind stray files and isn't completely removed from your computer. These files may conflict with future installations. It is best to completely remove them. BluebellFlora's website provides a guide on how to do this:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

After cleanly uninstalling, install the base game and patch it up to date. If you cannot update via the Launcher, download and apply the latest cumulative manual patch (called the superpatch) for Mac.

Check that your game works properly. Then install any EPs and SPs that you own, in order of release date.

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)