Certain Action Can't Queue for Certain Sims and Pets

by AuroraOurania

Original Post

Certain Action Can't Queue for Certain Sims and Pets

★ Novice

I have The Sims 3 with the following expansions: University Life, Pets, Island Paradise, Ambitions, and Night Life.

This issue started when the first Sim I created went to work. After he completed work, the go home action would be queued, and he would walk to the nearby subway station. The action would then vanish from the queue and he would stand outside the subway. I managed to fix this by simply pressing "Go Home" repeatedly. I figured it was because of the trait "Absent Minded," so I thought nothing of it. Over time it became worse, originally I could just click Go Home once or twice extra, but recently it became necessary to click constantly until he exits the station near his home. This wasn't that bad, just an inconvenience, but now it effects his two cats as well, in a much more problematic fashion. They can't sleep or interact with any furniture that requires them to lie down. The icon appears for a fraction of a second when I command them to sleep, but then disappears immediately. I tried tweaking the free will levels with no luck. I tried quitting and reopening the game, as well as restarting my computer. It affect both of his cats. I tried replacing one of their beds with a more expensive bed, but that didn't fix anything. I tried using the cheat resetSim Firstname Lastname, but that didn't help. More recently I tried deleting the wall, in order to determine if they were being stopped by the (unlocked) door, but that didn't resolve it. My computer is a brand new Samsung with Windows 8, Intel core i7, 4 CPU's, and specs far surpassing the minimum and even recommended specs for Sims, so i doubt it's an issue with the computer. Note, I purchased The Sims 3 and the expansion packs from Steam.

Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: Certain Action Can't Queue for Certain Sims and Pets

Community Manager

Have you already tried everything that is mentioned here?

Troubleshooting Steps by crinrict

There are several steps one can take to troubleshoot their own game before seeking help. There are some standard recipes that can help with several game problems.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)