Re: fake tech supportbweb site

by cafedelon

Original Post

fake tech supportbweb site

★★ Novice

On January 4, 2020 I was unable to log in, I was told I was banned from pogo for rules infringement.  The following day I was able to log in. however during a scrabble game, I received a notice from my Norton anti-virus that they had blocked "Fake Support Website 263>, and they immediately shut down the game.  This happened several times, but not every game,  Today while trying to play Texas Holdem the same thig happened.  I would like to know what is going on with your site, are other people having the same problem?  A response would be appreciated,  my email is [edit: email address removed],  Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (649 Views)

@certainteed First, your email will not post here as this is a public forum and it is automatically removed.

Second, have you tried to clean your browsing history, files, etc.?

Tried using a different browser?

If you have tried these things and this is continuing, I would contact EA. You can do that by clicking Help Center below.

Good Luck
~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@certainteed, I have not yet received "fake tech support website message 263" at this site.  I have received these types of messages a few times at other websites which have been blocked by my Symantec/Norton anti-virus software.  I take them seriously.  I am sure EA will investigate this.  

I have read that some players enter the EA websites with cheat software to give them advantages when playing against others.  That means they are able to introduce software when playing the games.  If they can do that, then others can introduce fake tech support website software.  So this does need to be investigated further by EA.

If anyone wants more info on this type of malicious message, below is a link from Symantec that discusses it. It is considered a high risk intrusion attempt on our computers.

https://www.symantec.com/security_response/attacksignatures/detail.jsp?asid=30855

Message 3 of 8 (631 Views)

@cafedelon Thank you for the information. I have never received these messages personally, but with the link you posted I will be learning about them. Again thank you

~BB
Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 8 (618 Views)

★★ Novice

At this time I can no longer play on pogo, every time I start a game Norton shuts me down, I hope pogo fixes this problem.

Message 5 of 8 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

It would be nice to actually be able to talk to someone at Pogo who could resolve this problem.  Pogo's support system is worthless.  I been on Pogo for 14 years and have never had this problem.  This all started 01/04/ 2020.  Glad I didn't join club pogo, you can never actually talk to someone to resolve a problem.

Message 6 of 8 (585 Views)

@certainteed I have talked to many EA people through the Help Center for Pogo, The Simpsons Tapped Out, The Sims, and other games as well. I just click on help center follow the directions and click call back option. Sorry you have never been able to talk with someone to help resolve your issue.
Good Luck,~BB~

Message 7 of 8 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@certainteed, Another person reported a scam fake tech support web pop-up page on Jan. 7, a few days after yours. If your interested, here is the link to that post. What is worse in that case, the notice was not blocked. Fortunately the person realized it was a scam and took no action to contact the perpetrator.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo-Classic/scary-scam/m-p/8620910#M197105

Message 8 of 8 (531 Views)