Problems with the Tournament Games

by formalqoi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problems with the Tournament Games

★★★ Newbie

I am just about fed up with the tournament and about ready to stop playing the tournament games.  I have gotten to the gold in both Word Whomp and Mahjong Safari this week.  Both times, the next game after I reached the gold,  the goal for the gold jumped up.  In Word Whomp it jumped 26,000 more to reach the gold.  I just reached the gold in Mahjong Safari and it jumped up 36,000 more to reach the gold.  I've played 5 consecutive hours to reach the gold in each one of these games and I am fed up.  This is about the third time I have reported this problem.  Please see if you can fix this problem.  Thank You

Message 1 of 3 (153 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with the Tournament Games

Hero (Retired)

Hi @formalqoi

There's nothing to fix, that's how tournaments work. The level keeps changing because there is no static score.  The scoring is based on all of the teams playing, the Gold and Silver levels are fluctuating all the time - as people play, the score bars rise.

You and your team are competing against other teams from the time the tournament begins until the moment it ends. You may reach one of the goals today but other players can knock you out of that spot if they are playing longer/better/in greater quantities and getting higher scores in the game. 

Ribbons are not awarded until the tournament ends and the scores have all been tallied and  only the top 10% of the teams get the gold ribbon when the tournament ends.

Don't hesitate to come back if you have any further questions. Standard smile

Hope this helps,  Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (152 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @formalqoi

There's nothing to fix, that's how tournaments work. The level keeps changing because there is no static score.  The scoring is based on all of the teams playing, the Gold and Silver levels are fluctuating all the time - as people play, the score bars rise.

You and your team are competing against other teams from the time the tournament begins until the moment it ends. You may reach one of the goals today but other players can knock you out of that spot if they are playing longer/better/in greater quantities and getting higher scores in the game. 

Ribbons are not awarded until the tournament ends and the scores have all been tallied and  only the top 10% of the teams get the gold ribbon when the tournament ends.

Don't hesitate to come back if you have any further questions. Standard smile

Hope this helps,  Just  Image

Tip: To easily locate your posts click on the drop-down indicator next to your screen name at the top right of the page, then select Profile.

AHQ volunteer/moderator. I am not an EA employee

AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.

Message 2 of 3 (153 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@formalqoi   The more you contribute to the score, the better chance you might have to reach the final 10%. You may find easier success at reaching the gold by playing other tourney games instead. Mahjong Safari & Word Whomp are the 2 most popular tournament games & this has been consistent from the inception. Your team might want to develop some tourney strategies to use & try to make it easier & more enjoyable. Even if you don't reach gold status, you can still be awarded bronze or silver ribbons, dependent upon your results, of course. It's a race & will always keep changing & increasing until the very end when the time runs out.

Tip: Focus on 2-3 games to maximize your teams efforts

Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)