Re: My Pogo Games will not load

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Pogo Games will not load

★★★ Newbie

I'm having several games that will not load and I don't know how to fix this problem.

My OS is Windows XP and my browser is Firefox.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jedff

Message 1 of 6 (926 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@MongBoyJeffJr

We can try to assist you with your issue we would need some more information.

1. Post a short list of the games you are not able to load (2 or 3) so we know if you are having issues loading Java games, Flash games or both.

2. Post a detailed description on what is happening on your screen. Example: blank screen, stuck at the loading screen, error message...

3. Post both your Flash version and your system information
  • Your System Information - Available HERE

SysInfo.JPG

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (959 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@MongBoyJeffJr

We can try to assist you with your issue we would need some more information.

1. Post a short list of the games you are not able to load (2 or 3) so we know if you are having issues loading Java games, Flash games or both.

2. Post a detailed description on what is happening on your screen. Example: blank screen, stuck at the loading screen, error message...

3. Post both your Flash version and your system information
  • Your System Information - Available HERE

SysInfo.JPG

Message 2 of 6 (960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi:

My Version is 19,0,0,185

Some of the several games I can't open are:

Pinochle

Battleship

Word Jong

High Stakes Poker

and many more.

Also, my OS is Windows XP.

Thanks.

Jeff

Message 3 of 6 (913 Views)

@MongBoyJeffJr

Sorry I just realized that your Operating System is Windows XP.

Microsoft officially ended Windows XP operating system support. This means no new system updates from Microsoft.

I believe this is the reason why you cannot load these games.

More information is available on the Microsoft website: Windows XP support has ended

Message 4 of 6 (907 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again,

I've been using this OS for 11 years without a problem.

I believe it has something to do with my Java, but, when I go into Java, everything checks out.

Thanks anyway.

Jeff

Message 5 of 6 (904 Views)

Here is the information you can find on the Java website regarding Windows XP: Windows XP and Java

Why is Windows XP no longer supported?

As of April 8, 2014 Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and therefore it is no longer an officially supported platform.

Users may still continue to use Java 8 updates on Windows XP at their own risk, but we can no longer provide complete guarantees for Java on Windows XP, since the OS is no longer being updated by Microsoft.

We strongly recommend that users upgrade to a newer version of Windows that is still supported by Microsoft in order to maintain a stable and secure environment.

Can I still install the latest Java on Windows XP?

I see the message Java 8 requires a newer version of Windows. You may continue with the installation, but for Java to work as specified we recommend upgrading your computer's operating system.

Yes. As noted, users may still continue to use Java 8 on Windows XP at their own risk, but we can no longer provide complete guarantees for Java on Windows XP, since the OS is no longer being updated by Microsoft.

I have a desktop/laptop with Windows XP. Will I continue to get automatic updates for Java when Oracle releases a security update?

Yes, Security updates issued by Oracle will continue to be pushed out to Windows XP desktops.

Message 6 of 6 (893 Views)