My Browser's Not Supported???

by Kirkpasf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Browser's Not Supported???

★★★ Newbie

If Pogo can't bother to support Chrome browser, then maybe I can't support Pogo with my 10+ year Club Pogo membership anymore! Keep up with the times.

Message 1 of 6 (635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Browser's Not Supported???

EA Staff

@Kirkpasf We only fully support browsers that support Java AND Flash technologies. Sadly Google Chrome has discontinued their support of Java. Flash games should still work on Chrome.

Are you having issues with Flash games on Chrome?

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (629 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Kirkpasf We only fully support browsers that support Java AND Flash technologies. Sadly Google Chrome has discontinued their support of Java. Flash games should still work on Chrome.

Are you having issues with Flash games on Chrome?

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have accepted that I cannot play Java Games and I feel Chrome made the right decision since Java is so accessible to hacks. But my Pogo just seemed to, today, stop working altogether with my Chrome browser. Pogo now returns "browser not supported" in a scan and games that were working a day or two ago just hang and don't load. I've rebooted and tried several things. I can get it to work with IE so it must be a recent Chrome or Pogo update? Any options or do I abandon Pogo? Like the first writer, I'm a long time, loyal customer. 

Message 3 of 6 (562 Views)

EA Staff

@ElectraPink I just tested a few games on Chrome (Claire Hart, Solitaire Gardens, Mahjong Safari) and these seemed to load. 

If you are still having issues, could you please try the steps in the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/General-help-for-loading-games/td-p/4790308

If the issue remains, please post the info requested in the Solution post of the thread above.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also am about done supporting pogo. I have internet explorer 11 through windows which pogo recommends and certain games still won't load

Message 5 of 6 (424 Views)

★ Expert
@linenhHc407 What are some of the games that won't load for you? If they are Flash games, the Internet Explorer 11 browser is designed to run them. If they are HTML-5 games, IE11 may not load them.

Also, a browser cache with limited memory available may not load even a Flash game. Have you cleared the cache for the IE11 browser recently?
Attached is a link I posted in the past for clearing one's cache, and there are steps on how to do it for the major browsers, including Internet Explorer 11 if needed. My apologies for it being so wordy in this post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Pogo/Importance-of-clearing-your-browser-s-cache-at-Pogo/m-p/7896416/highl...
Message 6 of 6 (411 Views)