Re: Ipad - can I play games on my ipad or did I just waste £35?

by EA_Stephen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ipad - can I play games on my ipad or did I just waste £35?

★ Newbie

Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@colinscat 

Unfortunately, you probably will not be able to run Pogo games on an iPad.

The problem with smartphones, tablets and other personal computing devices is that they are not designed to support Java and/or Flash, the two programs that are the backbone of browser-based gaming. Some devices can use a cloud app that will allow them access to full functionality, but that is completely dependent on the device.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@colinscat 

Unfortunately, you probably will not be able to run Pogo games on an iPad.

The problem with smartphones, tablets and other personal computing devices is that they are not designed to support Java and/or Flash, the two programs that are the backbone of browser-based gaming. Some devices can use a cloud app that will allow them access to full functionality, but that is completely dependent on the device.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)