Imperial bomber

by DA_FLYYY

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Imperial bomber

★★ Novice

Imperial bomber indestructible!In a tank build it have more then 5000hp points ,Y-Wing in tank build have only 3200(shield+armor)

In a ranked game you always lose against 5 TIE Bombers .Its take ridiculously time to kill it even with best cannons on interceptor!

What point of fighters if they cant shot down bombers?

So all ranked games going on bobmbing runs !

Fix you game!I

Message 1 of 19 (1,939 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Imperial bomber

★★ Apprentice

I’ll be the first to say: maximum 3 ships of the same type per squadron in order to avoid cheese, or implement a strong anti-cheese mechanic for balanced squadrons.

View in thread

Message 6 of 19 (1,885 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@DA_FLYYY I have not faced off with 5 Tie Bombers before. Something I have been thinking about is to load up with Ion Missiles and disable the Bombers and safely frag them.

Your Mileage May Vary, it depends on the Map and coordination of the team.
Message 2 of 19 (1,931 Views)

★★ Novice

You can disable 1 maybe 2 ,just not  enough fire power to shot down it quickly and they keep going like zombie to bomb you cruisers .

5000 of hull its just to much .All my games for rebels today are lost because of that,all games for  empire are won  ,because my team use this load out.

Message 3 of 19 (1,920 Views)

★★ Pro

Some NR fighters should use Ion Missiles, then if your coordination is good, you can use Proton Torpedoes to finish off a bomber. I honestly think Coordination and experience is critical to survive 5 TIE Bombers rush. Your Mileage May Vary.

Message 4 of 19 (1,915 Views)

★★ Guide

Best approach against bombers would be to use Krupx JR-89 ion cannons to disable it and then ping it so that your squadron and destroy it with a combined attack. Let me know if this works for you.

MercnearySW

Squadrons - TAW Seal.png

Message 5 of 19 (1,895 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ll be the first to say: maximum 3 ships of the same type per squadron in order to avoid cheese, or implement a strong anti-cheese mechanic for balanced squadrons.

Message 6 of 19 (1,886 Views)

★★ Novice

No its not working 

Message 7 of 19 (1,782 Views)

★ Novice

i may have done 130,000 capital damage in a tie bomber last night. they didn't even get close to killing the light cruisers 

Message 8 of 19 (1,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I play 4 vs 5 today on TIE bombers with randoms))And we won))They try ion missiles,torpedo and ion cannons,its not working against TIE Bomber spam.5000 armor is to much on my opinion.

Everyone who disagrees..well good luck against imps in ranked!

Message 9 of 19 (1,756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DA_FLYYY wrote:

I play 4 vs 5 today on TIE bombers with randoms))And we won))They try ion missiles,torpedo and ion cannons,its not working against TIE Bomber spam.5000 armor is to much on my opinion.

Everyone who disagrees..well good luck against imps in ranked!

The TIE bomber only gets like 4800 hull with a mod that basically destroys any chance at speed.  It's less than 10 total hits from an X-Wing.  Are you sure you're actually DAMAGING them?

I mean, Y-Wings are WAY tankier than TIE bombers, especially if you're using overshields and shunting.

The only way I can see you having any TTK problems against TIE bombers is if you're using the guided lasers, which do like half damage and need a ton of hits.

Message 10 of 19 (1,677 Views)