Re: What did you get from the challange?

by dwooten77

Original Post

What did you get from the challange?

★ Guide

Im not sure if im going to bother finishing this challange or not so I would like to know what is usually in the biggest box?
Is it just a random item for Plants or Zombies?
Or is it something for plants if you play as Plant?

If its totally random im not going to bother as for me its a waste of time because I dont play any zombies.

Message 1 of 14 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]

Jesus Christ, if you can't make the supreme effort of making all of 200 vanguishes, which takes about 12 minutes of flag or power, then why should we be bothered to tell you what is in the red chest??  The whole point is to make an effort for yourself AND for others.  This was one of the most ridiculously easy to complete challenges ever.  Sorry for the salt but you are being beyond lazy.

Message 2 of 14 (638 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I got the marching band hat for the all star. Which was a nice change to get something shiny and new.
Message 3 of 14 (618 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Strange - me to. And to OP. Stop being so lazy. Help out your community and do the challenge. You get 25,000 coins, a Community Pack, and a Special item for a random character (not necessarily a zombie).

Message 4 of 14 (610 Views)

★ Guide

@pandareno1999 wrote:

Jesus Christ, if you can't make the supreme effort of making all of 200 vanguishes, which takes about 12 minutes of flag or power, then why should we be bothered to tell you what is in the red chest??  The whole point is to make an effort for yourself AND for others.  This was one of the most ridiculously easy to complete challenges ever.  Sorry for the salt but you are being beyond lazy.

Well sry then I didnt know you could do it out in the garden area! Frown 
*offended*

Message 5 of 14 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm glad then for the chance to enlighten you.  Yes, the flag of power is the way to do almost all number of vanguish tasks, whether community challenge or star quests.  It takes two minutes to finish the first wave of flag of power, return to the base, and wait to lose the game.  That's 40 vanguishes.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  The only number of vanguishes tasks that are better done in a different mode are those like "vanguish 15 scientists."  For those, you want to make a private multiplayer game with a team of healers for yourself and the enemy team made up of only the characters you need to vanguish.

Flag of power pro tip - try to be out of the base when you kill the last brownout/weed.  After you lose the game, the coins will be worth four times as much.  As soon as you kill the last one, warp home before the second wave starts.  If you're playing something like peashooter, you can get a few extra coins by getting up on one of the high turrets in the plant base quickly, jumping into gatling, and taking out the first champion pirate that comes out.  Try to be quick - around this time, the zombies will take the base.  Then go collect the coins.

I hope this helps in the future.  I have a quick method for doing almost every quest that comes up.  Feel free to ask about any of them if you want help.  As I said, sorry for the salt, it couldn't be helped.  I had no idea that some people didn't know to use flag of power for the community challenge.  We would never get even close to the rewards if people only took them on as part of regular play.  I hope knowing this helps you understand why I reacted the way I did.

Message 6 of 14 (565 Views)

@dwooten77 wrote:
I got the marching band hat for the all star. Which was a nice change to get something shiny and new.

I'm jealous of your all star hat.  My daughter got that one too.  It's far cooler than the scientist hat I got.

Message 7 of 14 (558 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Berit wrote:

Im not sure if im going to bother finishing this challange or not so I would like to know what is usually in the biggest box?
Is it just a random item for Plants or Zombies?
Or is it something for plants if you play as Plant?

If its totally random im not going to bother as for me its a waste of time because I dont play any zombies.

I'm assuming you don't bother to inspect the community tower where all of the chests are because it tells you the rewards that are in the chests and usually states if you should only vanquish players or all vanquish's count. regardless a simple vanquish with any electric character in your backyard then checking the tower to see if it counted would have told you that xP

Message 8 of 14 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]

As far as I can think of, there exist only two vanquish tasks in the game which must be completed against human players - The Smarter than a Computer and the Triple Vanguish Streak multiplayer quests.  There are also a few trophy achievements that must be done against a human player.  Never once has community challenge required playing with other people.  Even the revive challenge could be done in private multiplayer against AIs.

Message 9 of 14 (539 Views)

@pandareno1999 wrote:

As far as I can think of, there exist only two vanquish tasks in the game which must be completed against human players - The Smarter than a Computer and the Triple Vanguish Streak multiplayer quests.  There are also a few trophy achievements that must be done against a human player.  Never once has community challenge required playing with other people.  Even the revive challenge could be done in private multiplayer against AIs.

uhh the first community challenge was multiplayer vanquishes which required you to play against real people. 

Message 10 of 14 (525 Views)