[Updated 03/09] PC - GW/GW2 Not Working After Update

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Re: Still able to join the game with older GW2 client that

Community Manager

@stukapooka The CMs here have no visibility into Discord. We only handle these forums so if something happens to those discords, it was done by someone there or someone who runs those channels. When something happens to those channels, that comes down from way above us.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 61 of 101 (589 Views)

Community Manager

@Sassy_King_Pig I did thank you. I have sent as much of the info yall send me to the team. They are looking into this one.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 62 of 101 (586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_ShepardI've just heard of a massive banning wave of anything pvz related. I do not know if Braddock is behind it or not but its definetly in flames over there right now.

Message 63 of 101 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

I still can’t load into my game and there’s absolutely no error code what so ever, just the splash screen and it’s me and several other people with this issue and it’s only occurring after the anti cheat update so can we please have some sort of help? Most of us tried every single troubleshooting action there is, from redownloading, to searching in the environmental variables, to driver updates, and even removing the crypt base.DLL, nothing is working at all! I even tried downloading windows 11 and that still didn’t change anything whatsoever, is there going to be ANY way for us to be able to play this game

Message 64 of 101 (494 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all,

The team is looking to get some updated data from players who are running into issues since the anticheat update. Please reply with the following info so that we can pass it along to them for review.

• EA App/Steam/Epic:
  • EA ID/Steam user ID:
  • Attach the EA App Error Report ID Here
  • The EA app logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\EA Desktop\Logs & C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\Logs
  • Windows OS:
  • Windows OS version:
  • GPU model and driver version:
  • Region:
  • Are you using an internal or external drive?
  • Are you using an HDD or SSD?
  • Date this issue started (is it still happening?)
  • Any other errors?
  • If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip:
  • Can you attach a DxDiag?

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 65 of 101 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

ea id:C4ad4ver

steam user id:Cadaver

no ea app error pop ups

windows os:windows 11

version:22631.3155

gpu:1650 super

driver version:geforce game ready driver version 551.76

region: NAE

using internal drive

tried both, im on ssd as of right now

ever since the anti cheat update so 03/08

Message 66 of 101 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Not a solution that will work for everyone as is obvious by what I've seen reported by other folks having issues, and my old reply might be buried in the thread, but the thing that worked for me was turning off my Anti-Virus. I've not tried to play multiplayer, since that appears to be a hot mess still, but can play in the backyard and solo matches with no problem. I turn my AV back on when done playing. 

I have to say as a long time fan of this franchise and GW2 in particular, this is disappointing even for how badly things have been going for PvZ for the last several years now. I'm not on the discord, so can't see the banning and such, I was on the old discord which was official but then was left to the community and then fell apart, but not the new one. We need some legitimate good news for these games for a change. I mean, we WANT to play and enjoy them, but these issues are making it difficult. I used to play GW2 for easily 20+ hours a week, but it's closer to just a couple now, I'd love to have a GW shooter as my main game again, but this is a sad state of affairs for an IP that is both beloved and has always been game focused first and foremost. 

Message 67 of 101 (405 Views)

Re: PC - Garden Warfare 2 not working After Update

★★★ Newbie

Could you please help me as well? The game ist not running after the update and i tried everything (reinstlaling, deleting, anticheat update, checking environment varaibles, ...)...

Message 68 of 101 (404 Views)

Re: PC - Garden Warfare 2 not working After Update

Community Manager

@roemersalat Hey, past different work arounds like the above mentioned, this is something that the games team has to fix and they arent able to do it on an individual basis I am afraid. The above info request is what they need more players to respond with so that they can find more variables in the issue and get it resolved.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 69 of 101 (397 Views)

PvZ Garden Warfare progress reset

★★★ Newbie

I have played Garden Warfare for a while, but I took a long break from it, and when I returned, ALL my progress was reset. Zero cosmetics, characters, nothing. I had practically everything unlocked, and I wish I could just get it all back instead of restarting. Anyone have any idea of how to restore my progress? Thanks.

Message 70 of 101 (335 Views)