[Updated 03/09] PC - GW/GW2 Not Working After Update

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Re: I'm upset

★ Apprentice

Yeah the muting and banning is a bit crazy. Like yeah some people were being super rude but even then banning just makes things worse in the long run. This is a mess.

Message 41 of 101 (573 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] PC - Garden Warfare 2 not working After Update

★★ Apprentice

I can load in just fine but I have not been able to queue into a game at all, going into the multiplayer portal the game just refuses to matchmake and always fails no matter what. 

Message 42 of 101 (746 Views)

Re: [Under Investigation] PC - Garden Warfare 2 not working After Update

★★★★★ Guide

I'm just just watching this from the sidelines and having a "told you so" moment. They could just implement a servers-sided anti-cheat and check data integrity with an independant overseer unreachable by any malicious actor but instead they prefer to offload all the burdeon onto their customers. The user experience is certainly not in the focus here.

"E for effort" as somebody could say.

Message 43 of 101 (719 Views)

Re: Still able to join the game with older GW2 client that

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah that basiclly it. Or they can just make the server to only allow connection from EAAC protected client.

Message 44 of 101 (706 Views)

Re: GW2 Anti Cheat Update did nothing.... Well not nothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My interest in the game came from receiving PVZ BfN. Everyone said that PVZ GW2 is the best in the franchise. But the reality is quite different. I have never witnessed cheating in BfN despite being very suspicious. In GW2, the cheat works in daylight. When they announced that a program would be implemented to stop this, I was very happy. But the disappointment came on the same day. The impression I have is that more advanced cheating programs were not caught in the anti-cheat. In many matches I suspect the use of wallhack. I just report it, but I know nothing will be done. The reality is that I am very disappointed with everything.

Message 45 of 101 (499 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, All,

We wanted to give a first update on the recent addition of EA anticheat to Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 on March 7, 2024.

With EA anti-cheat now in place, we have activated some cheat prevention methods, and are monitoring and investigating the activity we are seeing to circumvent our fair gameplay controls.

We will be tuning EA anti-cheat as we go to enhance our cheat prevention methods, and will be identifying and sanctioning players utilizing cheats.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 46 of 101 (645 Views)

Having trouble launching up GW2 on EA App and Steam

★★ Novice

So this all started after the EA Anti Cheat update was finished and I proceeded to launch my game the following day (8/03/2024) Only to be greeted with a pop up on the loading screen saying,
"Dr. Zomboss is tinkering with untested tech again and has sent some areas of the Backyard Battleground into the past. Without them PvZ GW2 won't work. But no worries, Crazy Dave is onto him, to fix the issue, please close the game and relaunch it."
After I relaunched it, it still kept on popping up. I've tried Verifying the integrity of the files, Reinstalling the game and using the EA App to launch it directly on there. And without fail, the pop up message still displays. I know that the servers aren't offline anymore as my friends seem to have no problem getting onto the game. Just wondering if there is a way to fix this.
Thanks in advanced :D

Message 47 of 101 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Shepard What's going on with the ea discord pvz threads? Apparently they got nuked and users were banned?
Message 48 of 101 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I got muted warned...  for talking about anti cheat in positive way.

"I see less skids"  "it fixed some issues"

After that somone started to swear and talk that ea is 💩  i told him "dude. Stop. That aint right thing to do"

And i got muted for 24 hours for it 💀

After 24h i asked if i can talk about pvz on general chat and i got muted for 3 days .

That behaviour is just sketchy and so disrespectfull...

Braddock512 the "community admin" was also deleting messages and gave mute to anyone that even mentioned about pvz. He was also sending responses that looked like ai generated it...

Message 49 of 101 (466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@FremekPLSaw one image on the subreddit where a guy said f EA and Braddock responded with "For issues relating to gw2 go to *Other pvz section* ".

I dont agree with some of the language used but i understand why many feel that way but the fact they're even banning those defending them. Wow, the fallout of the anti cheat fail has definetly been something worth seeing lately.

Good lord what is happening with pvz right now. Seems like everything is imploding right now.

Message 50 of 101 (449 Views)