Re: Achievement Issue - "Zomboss Recruit" won't unlock (Xbox One)

by picklebird_101

Original Post

Achievement Issue - "Zomboss Recruit" won't unlock (Xbox One)

★★ Novice

As stated in the title, the achievement "Zomboss Recruit" didn't unlock for me, I did the opposite faction (plants) one without an issue and used some challenge skip stars (this may or may not be important) to do so. However, with the Zombie based one when I leveled all classes to level '5' the achievement didn't unlock - again I used some 'skip challenge stars' to do so.

Is there any advice, is this a known issue (searching online I cannot find anything myself)? I've restarted my Xbox One and rebooted the game and played a whole round to no avail... I'm wondering whether I'm going to have to get each of the classes to level 6 and try force the achievement out that way.

Message 1 of 62 (1,439 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What does it say on your xbox for the acheivement?  Like does it show you as close?

Message 2 of 62 (1,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Edit: Didn't refresh - above question.

Message 3 of 62 (1,415 Views)

★★ Novice

@picklebird101 wrote:

What does it say on your xbox for the acheivement?  Like does it show you as close?

It doesn't show any form of progress, just that it's still 'Locked'. AFAIK there is no form of 'progress tracking' for the Xbox One version of the achievements either way. Ultimately it's locked though and all my classes are 5 for both Zombies and Plants, which worries as me as there is so no way to just retry/start again, my progress is now engrained.

This really needs the attention of the devs tbf, there are many completionists out there, part of the reason for achievements existence. If I don't find a fix or it's patched then I 100% cannot complete this title, there is simply no possible way.

Any ideas? I can post a screenshot/video if needed btw, to help people better understand if required.

Message 4 of 62 (1,410 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ok so if you keep going does it unlock?

Also so I can understand, you got the achievment on the plant side...but it isnt showing up when you look?

Message 5 of 62 (1,400 Views)

★★ Novice

@picklebird101 wrote:

Ok so if you keep going does it unlock?

Also so I can understand, you got the achievment on the plant side...but it isnt showing up when you look?

No, it doesn't unlock.

To clarify; I got the achievement ON the Plant side. It is there, it reads 'Unlocked' in my achievements, I have the gamerscore. The issue is with the ZOMBIE side. I did the same thing, I hit level 5 on ALL classes on the Zombie side, however... no achievement 'Zomboss recruit'. Still reads as 'Locked' in achievements and is grayed out (says I haven't earnt it).

I HAVE met the requirements for this achievement but it hasn't unlocked and it is a progressive achievement meaning there is NO WAY I can get back to it, I have passed level 5, thus I can no longer 100% the game.

Message 6 of 62 (1,391 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ok understood.

Message 7 of 62 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

While being fairly big on achievements myself I can see why this would be frustrating for you. Although, this has been the only occurrance I've heard of this issue and I often frequent the achievement sites.

What were you doing when you expected the achievement to unlock? Were you recently disconnected from a server? Did you quit a coop match?

More details about what was going on when the achievement was going to pop would be helpful.

Message 8 of 62 (1,382 Views)

★★ Novice

@OverclockdToastr wrote:

While being fairly big on achievements myself I can see why this would be frustrating for you. Although, this has been the only occurrance I've heard of this issue and I often frequent the achievement sites.

What were you doing when you expected the achievement to unlock? Were you recently disconnected from a server? Did you quit a coop match?

More details about what was going on when the achievement was going to pop would be helpful.

I was using a lot of the skip challenge cards, I used maybe 4 consecutively and it showed each challenge complete as a result (as it should). I completed 3 of the 4 classes to lvl 5 with those cards, essentially finishing the random challenges I had left. However, when all hit lvl 5 there was no achievement. I was in a Gardens and Graveyards game at the time, roughly 5 minutes into it. I had literally just done the same with the Plants side the previous map and got the achievement with no issues.

So I'm slightly perplexed, there was no disconnection for me or anything alike. The only thing I could say is that MAYBE it didn't take well to me spamming 4 of those cards in quick succession (allbeit with enough time for the challenges to pop up complete in the mean time).

I stayed till the end of the game as well, much to my regret. I should of just held the power button and lost my stats (like when EA disconnects servers and you lose progress for that map). But I just held out hope it would appear in the transition to the lobby. Sadly it didn't.

Is it possible for them to apply the achievement to my account? Are they able to do stuff like that? I know it sounds sad but this is the first game I've tried to 100% and me and my friend have made a bit of a competition out of it before Titanfall, seems like the start of a good trend that keeps us getting more out of our purchases as well, this is a bit of a brick wall in that idea haha.

Message 9 of 62 (1,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Yay, well I just logged back onto the Xbox One after a few hours away and checked my achievements again for the 4th time haha ready to cry a little inside and it's THERE!!! No idea how but it seems to of applied itself post game when I was offline - awesome.

Either way I'm just happy it's there, thanks for the help offered. I'm off back to the grind for lvl 50.

Oh and thanks for an awesome game Wink

Message 10 of 62 (1,373 Views)