by Rielse

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed 2015 PC controller issues

★ Novice
@jrx486 This worked perfectly for me, thank you
Message 31 of 42 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks man! I tought the game was unplayable with a controller, such a nice game.

Message 32 of 42 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope they still didn’t fix it and it’s 2023 🤦🏽‍♂️

Message 33 of 42 (1,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

September 2023 and it's still not fixed, I played for 2 hours already and can't get a * refund should just torrent EA games and not bother paying them a single penny because this is * ridiculous that you start launch the game and it doesn't recognize controller and even when I fixed the damn thing by unbinding keyboard and wheel buttons it does not recognize B button and you cannot go back through menus without keyboard, I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE THIS * HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.

Message 34 of 42 (789 Views)

★★ Novice

This is really a great game and it is worth the price it's currently going for. Only the controller support is kaput.

Check my previous message for a working solution.

Message 35 of 42 (779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@jrx486 wrote:

All the above solutions did not work for me. I am using an Xbox One Elite controller Series 2 on Windows 11 Pro. The dinput and xinput hooks provided by another member have zero effect because those are 32 bit dll files and the game executable is 64 bit, so the game does not load those dll files and reads them from system32 instead.

I ended up finding a project on Github for another game with similar controller issues. I slightly modified the project and converted it to 64 bit and then I modified the config file to make it work for my setup.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/DnIQFAhZ#3duQft-V-hynn3ylteRmJpqzOh-pJp-Dp1cNDgjSEn0
Extract dinput8.dll and dinput8.ini into the game directory, next to NFS16.exe.
Make sure the path to the original dinput8.dll in dinput8.ini is correct. If this doesn't work for you, try changing MaskXONEController to "no" or try removing the # symbols before "AllowClass" settings.

Good luck!

Thank you for posting this. I'm also on Windows 11 and using an Xbox Series controller via bluetooth. I copied the two files to my game directory and the controller works perfectly. 

Message 36 of 42 (741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used the solution that PainkillerASM posted on page two and it worked for me. Hats off to him for helping out.

Message 37 of 42 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey the files are not available anymore 
could you upload em again pls ?

Message 38 of 42 (574 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sixpack_cuda bought this game files are not available anymore
Could you resend a link pls?
Message 39 of 42 (572 Views)