Need for Speed 2015 PC controller issues

by Rielse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed 2015 PC controller issues

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have bought need for speed 2015 yesterday and have been playing it with the controller (Dualshock 4) and had no problems until today. Whenever I try to drive with controller car acts weird (will not accelerate to its full potential, won't go back or in case of dodge viper it does burnouts in reverse). I tried re-calibrating my controller, reinstalling my drivers, tried it on other games and it had no problems either (BF4) and even tried to rebind acceleration to X on my controller (to make sure that it wont accidentally press) yet problem did not disappear. My controller is new I bought it two days ago and I am sure it is need for speed's fault, I would greatly appreciate if you can help me to fix this problem.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 42 (87,889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed 2015 PC controller issues

EA DICE Team

@Rielse

You might want to give our controller issues troubleshooting guide a read through:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Steering-Wheels-and-Controllers/td-p/5230054

Note that the PS4 controller is not on the officially supported controller list.

View in thread

Message 3 of 42 (94,095 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Moved your post from the Origin section to here. You can see some posts about the controller and you might want to check them out to see if they help. I found 2 right away: http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Can-t-Accelerate-Handbrake-Stuck-Controller-Doesn-...http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Steering-Wheels-and-Controllers/m-p/5230054#U52300...

Message 2 of 42 (87,771 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Rielse

You might want to give our controller issues troubleshooting guide a read through:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Steering-Wheels-and-Controllers/td-p/5230054

Note that the PS4 controller is not on the officially supported controller list.

Message 3 of 42 (94,096 Views)

X-Box and Keyboard Controller malfunction

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello Support team,

I just bought a new NFS deluxe edition and play for a few hours, then I have encountered that my car couldn't accelerate properly it reached 3rd gear and can't go faster or gear up to 4th gear, also when I just pressed accelerate my car keeps bending a little bit right even if I didn't try to go right. When I tried to move backward my car stops moving (I used Xbox controller connect to laptop via bluetooth). I look for car repairing at the fuel station and found spanner symbol it kind of did something but the problems still there. It's very frustrating please help.

I noticed that before issue I can see the button in game showing the same with Xbox controller but after issue happened the button in the game still showing like keyboard button even though I'm using Xbox controller.

Message 4 of 42 (67,392 Views)

★★ Novice

Has your problems got fix yet I just bought the game yesterday as well as the X-Box controller played for few hours and then have the same issue it's killing me now. Need helps.

Message 5 of 42 (67,371 Views)

Message 6 of 42 (65,958 Views)

★★ Novice
@MYNAMEISPOLO1 I tried this solution and it somewhat fixes the issue, but for some reason the game still thinks that I'm playing with keyboard and/or steering wheel and it messes up the controls. For example, X is assigned to BOTH the menu AND the handbrake, so I can't use the handbrake because it brings up the menu every time. I can reassign it to Y for example, but it reverts back after a few minutes. I'm using an Xbox One controller too, which makes this issue extra idiotic. This game is literally designed to be used with this controller, yet it can't be played with it. This is a new level of idiocy on EA's part. I've been trying different solutions for hours and nothing works. The only reason I got an Origin subscription is to play this game, so I'm pretty peeved that EA can't be bothered to fix an issue that has been know for five years. How hard is it to add in the option to disable wheel/keyboard control? What a bunch of garbage.
Message 7 of 42 (65,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@cooletsexyAfter spending the whole night searching for a solution, finally i've found one.... Windows detects the xbox one s controller as a Xinput device. Keyboard an steering wheel are directinput devices. In order to prevent NFS to mix up the controls, you have to "block" all direct input devices. The dinput8.dll in the Solution will block all direct input devices.

Solution:

1. Download the .zip file from here: https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/588-directinputxinput-games-test-tools/   

2. Unzip/Extract "Controller API.7z\Disable DInput\dinput8.dll"

3. Drag and drop this file into your game folder PATH\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed

4.Restart/Start your game

You may get low fps at first start (i got 15 fps and like 0.5 second delay in controls)

I just simply disabled vsync and restart the game.

And now everything works fine ^^

Message 8 of 42 (65,331 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Rielse Problem still exists and the dinput blocker didn't work. They got my money, and now they don't care if the product works. Sounds like EA to me!
Message 9 of 42 (64,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I fixed the problem by unbinding all keyboard and wheel controls. You can unbind the wheel controls by pressing any button (preferably unused) on your gamepad.

Just to make your problem is solve is to check if you have xbox control prompt instead of keyboard. Played for 7 hrs with no controller issues 

Message 10 of 42 (64,016 Views)