Re: NFS deluxe edition-Annoying intro movies ( falling asleep)

by EA_Illium

Original Post

NFS deluxe edition-Annoying intro movies ( falling asleep)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Need for speed Deluxe edition-  What in the World is it with those intro- stories that lasts longer then the Game itself!? I mean seriously They are gonna make us watch that with no option to skip?!  1st and last time I will be playing NFS thanks and goodbye EA

[edited for content]

Message 1 of 5 (711 Views)

I can understand your frustration with unskipable movies, as i grew in a time when you could always use "Esc" key to skip them. Unfortunately the problem is widespread to a lot of the new games from various AAA developers/publishers. You can voice your discontent in a civil manner. And if there is a lot of negative feedback sent in a civil way, the companies will noticed it and will backpedal eventually.

If you want to play some good NFS (though the graphics might be dated by now), i recommend NFS Underground 1/2, Most Wanted 2005 and even Carbon. Those were, in my opinion, some of  the best games in the series. My personal best remains Porsche Unleashed, followed  closely by the original Hot Pursuit (NFS3, released in 1998).

If you are looking for PC racing games, there are some decent simulators, but in the illegal street racing/arcade area, nothing really on par with those NFS games that i've mentioned. Even on console, there are only two competing series and none with illegal street racing. There was one series, but for now it seems to be on-hold for a long timeFrown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 5 (704 Views)

EA DICE Team

@AnmaieFan

Please be respectful and constructive when you voice your criticism.

We tried something new with Need for Speed, where we offer players a chance to enjoy the game as a cinematic experience. I thought it was cool when I first tried it. However, I can certainly understand that it isn't for everyone.

Message 3 of 5 (699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I completely share your frustration with the excessive and unskippable intro movies in the Need for Speed Deluxe edition. It's perplexing how some game developers prioritize elaborate cinematic sequences over the actual gameplay experience. The essence of a racing game lies in the thrill of the chase, the rush of speed, and the excitement of competition, not in lengthy cinematic stories that feel more like a movie than a game.

It's disappointing when you just want to dive into the action, but you're forced to endure prolonged intros, disrupting the flow and enthusiasm. Game developers should recognize the importance of allowing players to choose whether they want to engage with the storyline or jump straight into the racing experience. The lack of a skip option seems like an oversight that negatively impacts the overall user experience.

Interestingly, this issue resonates with similar problems found in other gaming contexts. For instance, it's akin to dealing with an app like LokLok for iOS where an older version might have had unnecessary splash screens or time-consuming animations that users couldn't bypass. Just like in the NFS Deluxe edition, the focus should be on providing a seamless and enjoyable user experience, especially considering the diverse preferences of players.

In the context of LokLok for iOS, the frustration of dealing with an older version's limitations may be relatable. Users often seek efficiency and convenience, and unnecessary barriers, whether in gaming or apps, can be a significant turn-off. Developers should prioritize user preferences, offering customization options and streamlined experiences to enhance user satisfaction.

In conclusion, your critique of the Need for Speed Deluxe edition's unskippable intro movies is entirely valid, and it reflects a broader issue in the gaming industry. Developers should prioritize user choice and streamline experiences to ensure that players can fully enjoy the core aspects of the game without unnecessary interruptions. This sentiment aligns with the desire for a smoother experience, whether it's in the world of gaming or when dealing with apps like the LokLok mod APK old version.

Message 4 of 5 (203 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, and the team has worked to bring several changes since this thread first started. 

Due to our efforts to keep Answers HQ up to date, with the latest relevant information. I will be locking this thread for further replies. 

For information on why this happened, or other changes you might see on Answers HQ, check out the link below:

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (197 Views)