Re: Be a Pro save warning

by MeNoChinese

Original Post

Be a Pro save warning

★★★★★ Newbie

I need some help with Be a Pro mode in NHL 16.  Recently, I have not been able to access the feature because it will just pop up with a save warning and I cannot progress any further in the game.  I have the game for xbox one and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game without a different outcome.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice

What does the save warning say, exactly? Does it appear immediately when you choose the game mode or can you browse your saved games and it appears only when you try to open one?

Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It appears immediately when I try to choose the game mode.  It just says that the save data cannot be retrieved at this time and to try again later; the problem has been going on for a few weeks now.

Message 3 of 5 (415 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there some kind of menu or page on Xbox that lets you browse your saved game data? (Unfortunately I'm a PS4 player so I don't know where it would be, but I believe there is something like that.) If there is, do you see any saved games or a saved player profile for NHL16? If you see some and you haven't progressed far in the game and are willing to lose that progress, you could try deleting those files. I believe uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't delete these, so they might still be there from the first installation time.

I've also read that some users have had problems with their games on Xbox and that doing a complete power cycle (turning the console off completely, not just putting it on stand-by) has solved the problem. This might be your first option, but the problem sounds a bit different from the ones I've read about.

Message 4 of 5 (391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue and power cycling was my first idea. After that, I tried finding the files, which I can't access from the Xbox at least. I'm now thinking of either accessing the hard drive through my PC, or buying an external hardrive and getting the file to save there.

Sadly I have not seen EA help fix this issue ever, and I don't feel like they'll ever care to help either.

Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)