Re: Unable to buy Deluxe Upgrade DLC in Playstation Store

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to buy Deluxe Upgrade DLC in Playstation Store

★ Novice

Hi,

First time poster, long time lurker.

Been trying to buy the Deluxe Upgrade on the PS Store but it wont let me, says I don't have a copy of the game. I have a physical copy (CD), is this a bug? or is there any way around this?

Cheers,

Message 1 of 6 (1,719 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Rappeldrache Yes, there should be an upgrade option in Origin. You can check your version of this store page: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/addon/mass-effect-andromeda...

@Regiworld87 I think you're right, region is a factor here. DLC frequently won't work with a copy of the game from a different region. You may want to try reaching out to playstation support, they should be able to take a closer look at your account, but I suspect they'll have the same answer. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,857 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

It has to be a bug, because I have the physical game too and got the deluxe without troubles. I played multiplayer, maybe if you don't try the online mode the store doesn't detect your game, so maybe is a bug from Playstation and not from EA.

Message 2 of 6 (1,694 Views)

★★ Guide

Is there a Upgrade possibility for PC, too?

Message 3 of 6 (1,686 Views)

★ Novice

yah, its weird. I'm able to buy coins (for multiplayer), but the deluxe edition upgrade keeps coming up as "unavailable". Would region codes play a part (of the problem)? Cause my disc is region III, while my account is US. 

My understanding of how regions etc work is DLC provided with the physical copy? or am I wrong? cause I've been able to do it in the past for other region III games (Arkham Knight/Destiny/MGSV).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (1,682 Views)

★ Pro

@Rappeldrache wrote:

Is there a Upgrade possibility for PC, too?

In a month or so PC upgrade will be available, afaik.

Message 5 of 6 (1,677 Views)

Community Manager

@Rappeldrache Yes, there should be an upgrade option in Origin. You can check your version of this store page: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/mass-effect/mass-effect-andromeda/addon/mass-effect-andromeda...

@Regiworld87 I think you're right, region is a factor here. DLC frequently won't work with a copy of the game from a different region. You may want to try reaching out to playstation support, they should be able to take a closer look at your account, but I suspect they'll have the same answer. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,858 Views)