Re: [PC] Mass Effect 3 "Redeem/Purchase Online Pass"

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Mass Effect 3 "Redeem/Purchase Online Pass"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi all!

I logged into ME3 on PC this week, and suddenly it tells me to 'redeem/purchase Online Pass'

(yes, i've tried the fix here, more then once even, but it didn't work.) (And tried to fix the game in the EA launcher, update drivers, check DLCs, etc)

So i've tried the customer support, explained the problem, send the screenshot to them, and what I already tried to fix the problem.

One day later, I receive a mail asking me to confirm my user name, emailadres, EA ID. So I do that.

The day after that, they send me a code, and ask me to confirm my account using the code.

One day later, they what the error message is, and if I need my product key to activate the game. I tell them the problem again, see above...

The day after, they ask me to send a new code, as the first one has expired.

Today, the asked me to check my DLC's...

I expect them to ask for a new code tomorrow, as it probably has expired again, and not have done anything..

@EA_ShepardAny ideas or help, how to get a usefull reply from customer support, so they fix the online pass with my account?

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@sxarlet I took a look at the account.

Can you do the following for me?

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Enable View Hidden Files and Folders
  • Delete all files in the "License" folder.

Repair or uninstall the game

Launch the game again

If you get the same error let me know!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (278 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect 3 "Redeem/Purchase Online Pass"

Community Manager

@sxarlet Send me a DM with your EA ID and any case numbers you have opened. I will take a look.

Is it affecting just ME or MEA and DAI as well?

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@sxarlet I took a look at the account.

Can you do the following for me?

Delete EA License Files:

• Make sure the EA app is closed.
  • Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Type or copy and paste "%ProgramData%\Electronic Arts\EA Services" (without the quotes) into the new Window > ENTER
  • Enable View Hidden Files and Folders
  • Delete all files in the "License" folder.

Repair or uninstall the game

Launch the game again

If you get the same error let me know!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

★ Novice

It worked!

Already tried it once before, but this time I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled. Now multiplayer works again.

Message 4 of 5 (209 Views)

Community Manager

@sxarlet wrote:

It worked!

Already tried it once before, but this time I uninstalled the game, and then reinstalled. Now multiplayer works again.

Right on! Happy to hear that it is working for you!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)