Re: Mass Effect 2 EA Account Login issue

by STG_Mordin

Original Post

[PC] Mass Effect 2 EA Account Login issue

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Everyone knows that auto-login was flaky for the original Mass Effect 2 game but now it is totally broken.

It is not possible to login automatically and you have to sign in after launching the game by manually entering your EA account credentials.

Sometimes this works, but other times you get an error that the "Communication with the Mass Effect 2 server was interrupted or has timed out. Please try again later."

This is a problem if you reinstalled your PC, because you need to re-authorize the DLC and that's not possible without signing in.

Is there anyone at EA who could take a look at me2-prd-mp-blaze-app-01.ea.com server to see what the heck is going on?

Message 1 of 5 (345 Views)

@STG_Mordin 

Mass Effect 2 only accepts 16 character long passwords and no special characters. So if your EA password is too long or contain special characters you get the "Communication with..."error message.

You however only need to log in once on a new or reinstalled system.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

★ Guide

@holger1405 Thanks for telling me that, had no idea of that limitation. I always use 20 character passwords generated by password manager.

So basically the problem is that the game can't "remember" more than 16 characters but when you enter all 20 it still logs in?

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

@STG_Mordin 

ME2 shouldn't let you log in at all if your password is longer, unless EA changed something in the last mounts. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

★ Guide

Well that's the thing, if I type my 20 character password I can login into the game just fine until next time.

Sometimes it doesn't accept the password on the first try though and that's why I am complaining here.

The worst part is you can't see what you are typing and you can't paste the password so I can't be sure if I made a typo or it is the server glitching.

Message 5 of 5 (308 Views)