Re: Hydra Mech: Addition

by ensiform

Original Post

Hydra Mech: Addition

★ Guide

I think we should have the Hydras capable (though maybe low frequency) of executing people that are downed like the Atlas in ME3.  This would add extra incentive to help people when they are downed by mechs and possibly make going close range to mechs be more high-risk.

Message 1 of 5 (627 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ensiform wrote:

I think we should have the Hydras capable (though maybe low frequency) of executing people that are downed like the Atlas in ME3.  This would add extra incentive to help people when they are downed by mechs and possibly make going close range to mechs be more high-risk.

It does, actually. Surprised the snot out of me playing in single player when it reached down and then smashed me to a game over, reload. My vanguard/scrapper laments the auto-kills. Totally unfair to your tankish builds.

Message 2 of 5 (616 Views)

★★★ Guide

@arthurh3535 No, he meant something else. When you get downed in MP, you have some time until you bleed out so your teammates can revive you. During that time in ME3 MP (not sure about Andromeda, i have no experience in there) most enemies could execute you (standing by your corpse and stomping on it), in a result of watching the rest of your wave in spectator. This could be prevented by pressing on revive or somebody killing that enemy in time.

What you talked about is the sync/instakill where you just die. No second chance Large smile

Message 3 of 5 (600 Views)

★★ Pro

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

@arthurh3535 No, he meant something else. When you get downed in MP, you have some time until you bleed out so your teammates can revive you. During that time in ME3 MP (not sure about Andromeda, i have no experience in there) most enemies could execute you (standing by your corpse and stomping on it), in a result of watching the rest of your wave in spectator. This could be prevented by pressing on revive or somebody killing that enemy in time.

What you talked about is the sync/instakill where you just die. No second chance Large smile

You can be executed in MEA MP as well. They stomp on your head - just less frequent.

Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Nykara360 wrote:

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

You can be executed in MEA MP as well. They stomp on your head - just less frequent.

But not by the Hydra mechs that I have seen, only mooks.  In 3 MP the Cerberus Atlas Mech would also perform a stomp.

Message 5 of 5 (564 Views)