[EA App] Unable To Launch Mass Effect Andromeda

by ItzJoeMF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[EA App] Unable To Launch Mass Effect Andromeda

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Mass Effect Andromeda

For past week I have been trying to launch this game ( I bought it on steam)... The so " amazing " EA app shows me window with loading bar and message " preparing to launch a game ".

The game will NOT launch at all!!! EA (CR)app is showing the game in library with ! " install game from steam...

I tried to follow some tutorials from steam community and i even tried following some help ideas from here.

Mainly this onehttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Mass-Effect-Games/Steam-Can-t-launch-Mass-Effect-Andromeda/m-p/13379... 

NOTHING IS WORKING and I'm getting really angry with the EA app... 

Message 2 of 20 (1,251 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Cant launch Mass Effect Andromeda from Steam

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ItzJoeMF Most games have some sort of a log. For example, Mass Effect 3 complains in "C:\ProgramData\EA Logs\gl_log_X.log" (where X is number) when your machine ID doesn't match your existing license file on disk.

There are also logs at "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Core\logs" and game licenses are cached in "C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License".

Often when a game refuses to start (i.e. you click play on Steam and it looks like it is going to start and then nothing happens) it's the problem with the license which is resolved by removing files from that folder and letting Origin / EA App / game regenerate them with the correct machine ID.

If that doesn't help, you have two more things to try:

1. Search for any Windows, game, or EA App logs to see if you can find an error that is preventing the game from launching.
2. Go to: https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/ and login with your EA account on which you purchased the game just to confirm you have access.

As a last resort go here: [Removed - Admin.]

View in thread

Message 14 of 20 (1,413 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
@holger1405 & @EA_David...
I've tried all above!
Hope you have some ideas that could help me...
I have the same problem as above, I've just bought the MEA on steam and I'm trying to launch it for the first time.
Steam starts first launch, that leads to EA app " Preparing game " load bar which leads to absolute fail.
There is no dump data, clean boot failed, new win user same result as main/admin.
EA app shows it in library with " u must install from steam".
I had similar issue with Dragon Age series but those just needed reinstall with removing exes data with REVO uninstaller...
Message 1 of 20 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ItzJoeMF 

Clear your temp files:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time
  • Into the new window, type or copy & paste:  "%temp%"   (Without the quotes.) > hit "ENTER"
  • Now your Windows Explorer should have brought you to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Local\Temp" folder. > Delete all files and folders in it.
    (If some files or folders can't be deleted, reboot and try again.)

• Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > Uninstall EA App
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Intensive" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" or "EA Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC
  • Reinstall EA app from here
  • Restart the PC > Test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 20 (1,224 Views)

★ Apprentice
@holger1405 No change...
Tried this few times and nothing changed.
I also tried old laptop with win 10... still nothing
Message 4 of 20 (1,123 Views)

@ItzJoeMF 

Go to EA.com and log in to your account.

Click on your Profile (Top bar) > Account settings.

Click on "Connections" > Is Steam linked to your EA account here?

If yes, de-connect and connect again. > restart the PC > test.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 20 (1,066 Views)

★ Apprentice
@holger1405 Still nothing...
Message 6 of 20 (1,047 Views)

@ItzJoeMF 

Were the accounts linked in the first place?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that with the "Choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Message 7 of 20 (1,000 Views)

★ Apprentice

@holger1405 Yes! they were linked... How would I play anything that involved origin.

And as i mentioned earlier I had same problem with dragon age BUT that was when u could install origin for a day before EA (Cc)app got forced back...

Message 8 of 20 (980 Views)

@ItzJoeMF 

There are several "NVDisplay.Container.exe" erorros in your DxDiag. This leads me to believe that the problem is not with the game or the EA app.

• Follow this manual to the letter to cleanly uninstall all NVIDIA components.
  • Install the graphics driver and GFE. > Go online.
  • Test.

Message 9 of 20 (964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So...

I followed the step by step and did it exactly to the point with no change in the end.

I tried to launch the game on Intel and on Nvidia for the same result.

I'm sending the old and new dxdiag files but i don't see any difference in them.

Update:

I tried to completely reinstall some games...

Now I can't launch them either -_-

Dragon Age Origins  Steam: worked before reinstall... not working after reinstall

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order EA: working before and after reinstall

Just to be sure I bought Spore on steam...  I can't register it to my ea but apparently there is no need for register...

I'm starting to think that EA app don't wanna communicate with steam -_-

Message 10 of 20 (921 Views)