Xbox360 This disc is unreadable error (Games On Demand, no disc)

by lomein07

Original Post

Xbox360 This disc is unreadable error (Games On Demand, no disc)

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought Dragon Age 2 on Xbox Live Games On Demand, and downloaded it to my Xbox HDD.  When playing, I regularly get a popup "This disc is unreadable error", which crashes me to the Xbox dashboard.  This seems to occur during gameplay when I exit a location to move to a new location.  I can get around the error by reloading a save and doing something slightly different, ie: switching to a different character in my party and using that character to exit the location.  However, I am still in Act 1, and this error/crash has occured at least 20 times.

I have tried clearing the HDD cache, deleting the game and title update, and redownloading the game to an external USB storage device.  This is recommended by Xbox Support to test if the internal Xbox HDD is faullty.  However the problem still occurs with the USB storage device.  

Also of note, I have bought and downloaded several other games and installed them to the internal HDD and USB storage.  I have played these other games for many hours without problems, while I cannot play Dragon Age 2 longer than 30-60 minutes without getting this error.

Is there a solution to this problem?  Thanks

Message 1 of 1 (312 Views)