Saves from DAO import error? (Ferelden Hero is dead, when he was alive in DAO)

by argumentista

Original Post

Saves from DAO import error? (Ferelden Hero is dead, when he was alive in DAO)

★★ Newbie

Hello everybody. Here is my problem. (Playing on PC)

Just started new game in DA2, using my save from first game (completed DAO + Awakening + Witch hunt).

Game upploaded it, everything is okay. But in my DAO game my hero was ALIVE (survived ending of DAO with help of Morrigan). Alive, 100% alive.

And in DA2, when I played long enough to find Codex article "Ferelden hero", And - suddeny - I see that... "hero sacrificed himself, dealing killing blow to arch-demon!".

I am lost.

What happened? Savegame error (and game thinks that my hero from 1st part is dead)? Or codex entry will be changed later with "additional information about hero" and he can be alive? (In DA2 I am in first chapter now - before Deep Roads expedition).

Are there any utilites that can actually load savegame and SHOW me this parameter of backstory - "Is Schrödinger's cat... i mean - Ferelden's hero ALIVE or NOT ALIVE"? And, of course, are there some tool to EDIT this parameter of savegame - to make grey warden hero ALIVE if he is NOT ALIVE now?

You think, this is really important for me. I really want to have my hero-from-dao ALIVE in my playing. (And don't really want to start DA2 from beginning - so best option will be to edit savefile and change this parameter).

Hope that my situation can be solved. Already tried to search in the internet myself. But internet is full of advices - "how to edit hero parameters, items, spells, and other *" - and nothing about editing backstory and choices in DA2 savefiles.

Message 1 of 1 (319 Views)