[EA App] Dragon Age Origins DLC Not Working

by mayflyDecember1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[EA App] Dragon Age Origins DLC Not Working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi gang!

Apologies if this has been answered already; all of the asks I saw for this were from like 2020 or earlier.

I own Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition through the EA app. When I look on the EA app, it says that all of the DLC is downloaded. When I open the game, it says that I have no DLC. Normally I'd say [removed], but the game also won't let me load my last saves without the DLC. Interestingly, when I install the game, it just says it's downloading DAO; when I installed Inquisition later that same day, it individually installed DAI and each DLC. Is the Ultimate Edition all in one file? Unclear.

Fixes I have attempted, pulled from other answered complaints:
-Repairing files through EA app
-Running program as administrator
-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
-Repairing files *again* after reinstalling
-Copied the addIns.xml file from the Installer folder to the Settings folder (and deleting the file of the same name native to the Settings folder)
-Downloading the DLC individually from the EA website (they say they can't run if Origins isn't installed, which I'm assuming is happening bc I have the Ultimate Edition??? Unclear)

I'm unsure where else to go. Any tips would be appreciated.

(cm edit removed language)

Message 1 of 2 (479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origins DLC not working in EA app

Community Manager

@mayflyDecember1 Wanted to follow up on this one and see if you were still running into the issue with the content.

The Ultimate Edition isn't all one file no. It gives you access to the content in the addition but you still have to download it.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (408 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origins DLC not working in EA app

Community Manager

@mayflyDecember1 Wanted to follow up on this one and see if you were still running into the issue with the content.

The Ultimate Edition isn't all one file no. It gives you access to the content in the addition but you still have to download it.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (409 Views)