Re: Dead Space 3 saving causes crash following download/progress in Awakened DLC(XBOX360)

by 17O7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dead Space 3 saving causes crash following download/progress in Awakened DLC(XBOX360)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Dead Space 3: Awakened DLC for Xbox 360.

Prior to download/progress of the DS3 Awakened DLC, I experienced no technical issues with the game saving.

Now 9 times out of 10 it freezes while or after attempting to auto save or inventory save.

In the circumstances in which it appears to save successfully and return to the menu screen, on the next attempt to load, it loads partially then crashes.

Alternately when it appears to save successfully and I exit the game to the dashboard and restart the game, then attempt loading, I find that no progress was saved.

Once in a while, for reasons I am unsure of, it will somehow manage to successfully save. Though it's generally difficult to tell if it has. 

Though at least around half the time it simply crashes before the "saving" animation even appears, as soon as the option is selected.

If I had to guess, I'd say it possibly has to do with new inventory items not being un-checked as new after being selected and then not saving correctly...Probably wrong, but it's seemed as though in some instances after selecting/un-checking the items that seemingly shouldn't be marked as new, it manages to save correctly.

Not entirely sure of this observation though.

The issue occurs both online and off...though I doubt there's much relevance there.

It also seems to be more likely to crash when inventory (or auto) saving after obtaining extra resources such as via Ration Seals or perhaps even Scavenger Bots. Again, not 100% sure of this. 

Again, I never experienced such issues before downloading/starting the DS3: Awakened DLC, so it would seem to have something specifically to do with that.

Message 1 of 3 (584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space 3 saving causes crash following download/progress in Awakened DLC(XBOX360)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing hapens in dead space 2 when the hacker suit would overwrite your elite suit if you placed it in storage. I cannot have more than 15 weapons in inventory. Deleted all my mark 2 guns and kept the blueprints to remake if need be. Lapped the game many times and aslong as you do not overload your inventory it will not lock up. Corrupted my game the first time had to start over after collecting evrything. Great game but us OCD guys like it organized and unlock evrything. Cant do it , eventually your ame will corrupt and crash. Once dlc is used in a game you cannot delete from your inventory

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (578 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same thing hapens in dead space 2 when the hacker suit would overwrite your elite suit if you placed it in storage. I cannot have more than 15 weapons in inventory. Deleted all my mark 2 guns and kept the blueprints to remake if need be. Lapped the game many times and aslong as you do not overload your inventory it will not lock up. Corrupted my game the first time had to start over after collecting evrything. Great game but us OCD guys like it organized and unlock evrything. Cant do it , eventually your ame will corrupt and crash. Once dlc is used in a game you cannot delete from your inventory

Message 2 of 3 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

That seems to be what I'm looking at...

And deleting most of my inventory seems to have it saving normally thus-far.

Sooo...that's probably as solved as it's likely to get for the forseeable, thnx.

Gotta love how most of the devs at Visceral are pretty much gone so I can probably count on it to never be completely fixed. 

Message 3 of 3 (517 Views)