Re: Dead Space 2 not launching from Xbox Game Pass PC.

by REALTEFLONDON

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Right, it's just that for anyone who happens to have a modern cpu with 10 cores or less the game will run on windows 11 (this is very much the case, I just tested further, it runs fine with 8 p-cores and 2 e-cores).  Meanwhile other people with more than 10 cores will perhaps wrongly blame windows 11 because the actual problem isn't made apparent, so they have no idea it can be worked around.

On the game page, it lists supported OS's and lists some CPUs it was designed to work with but after years of playing we know it works with almost everything and even the listed cpu section stipulates "these cpus or better".  I'm just suggesting the system requirements column gets and update that articulates these discovered limitations so people just buying the game now or playing with EA play for the first time aren't confused or annoyed by it failing to launch.  And with Dead Space Remake around the corner, this topic is likely to come up more often as the series garners more mainstream attention again. 

This is how it's listed on the page.  

CPU: 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent (any Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or better, AMD Athlon64 3000+ or better, any Athlon64 X2 or Core Duo processor)

You might add a category like "known compatibility issues: game will not launch on systems using CPUs with more than 10 cores"

It would save people a lot of hassle and searching to put that up front.  I've had my new PC for almost a year it was bugging me this whole time I couldn't get the game to launch until just now.  If the game were labeled this way on the storefront it would have saved me a lot of headaches and wasted time.

Message 21 of 24 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyway, I think I've said all I can on the topic.  I hope the people in charge of this stuff consider this suggestion.  I really do appreciate you taking the time to discuss it and saying you will forward my feedback.  Thanks.

Message 22 of 24 (1,969 Views)

★★ Novice

@Orain1988 - brilliant that you worked it out! I need to try it!! Hero of the year lol!

Message 23 of 24 (1,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PILLBOXGAMING It won’t work on steam either
Message 24 of 24 (1,304 Views)