DLC Transfer

by xCthulhuSaves

Original Post

DLC Transfer

★★★ Newbie

Hello all, I've already reached out to two customer representatives to no substantial avail, so I thought I would come here to make my case. Back in 2013 I purchased the Mass Effect Trilogy collection for my xbox 360 when I was stationed in 29 palms. A few years later my xbox * the bed, so I repurchased the trilogy through origin to replay those wonderful games. Sadly, notable content packs I had purchased (Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, From Ashes, Leviathan, and Citadel) were locked from me, despite having already purchased them years ago on xbox. I scoured forums to see if anyone else had run into this obstacle, and this forum discussion contained numerous users who were given promo codes or transfers in response to their complaints http://forum.bioware.com/topic/156946-if-i-get-the-pc-version-does-the-dlc-from-xbox-transfer-over/p...

The decision process by EA seems to be wholly arbitrary, and unfortunately neither representative were able to help me in my request. I have been a loyal customer to EA, and this refusal to honor my past purchases is causing me to lose a great deal of faith in the company as a whole. Giving me access to my content on my PC will not hurt their bottom dollar, as I have already paid the full amount prior. It makes me wonder if my continued patronage is even valued, considering competing digital services are more than willing to rectify customer service issues (cue GoG or steam).

I would be more than willing to continue to support EA through origin purchases if my simple request is honored. Attached is a screenshot of my account purchases as proof, as well as  the two case numbers I was given for my requests;

20773552 and 20773525.

Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

Re: DLC Transfer

Community Manager

Unfortunately this isn't something we can help with. 

While your request is reasonable, unfortunately it's not something we can grant. The DLC on different systems is tied to the various platform systems, and isn't interchangeable/transferable.

For other games there have been DLC transfers within the same company's infrastructure (DAI DLC if upgrading from gen 3 to gen 4) there's no equivalent system for PC, sorry. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)