Sims 4 Crashes Upon Launch (Black Screen)

by AthenaApollos

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Crashes Upon Launch (Black Screen)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

yes and it didn't work but i disabled origin in game and the game no longer crashes.

Message 11 of 34 (22,602 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the very same problem and have tried all suggested solutions to no avail. Did you ever get yours working? And if so, what worked for you? EA consumer service is such a joke....

Message 12 of 34 (4,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@shewasajazzman

So I actually had this problem not too long ago. All I did was disable Origin in-game and my game started working. 

Message 13 of 34 (4,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the same thing happened to me, and I was so upset about it because I couldn't figure out how to solve it anywhere. I eventually realized that it only wasn't working because I had the same mod installed twice smh

Message 14 of 34 (4,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same problem is happening to me but I don't wanna delete my mods folder. hours have been put into that,

Message 15 of 34 (3,883 Views)

Champion

@lulu5747 ,  you don't have to delete your Mods folder, you just need to either move it to your Desktop or move the entire Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop, but do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games and mods are stored. I'd suggest moving the entire Sims 4 folder to restore the game to a vanilla state. Very often if the game doesn't start, it is an out dated or obsolete mod that is causing the issue.

Once the folder has been moved, start up your game as normal and make sure that everything starts ok. This also allows the game to regenerate the Sims 4 folder. Remember that none of your saved games or mods will be present at this time. Start a new game and play for a bit to make sure that nothing else is wrong. You can quit at this point.

Next, check back with the creators of the mods you use. Every time the game is updated, you must check to see if the mods still work with the current patch as many times the new patch will either render the mod obsolete or can change code that the mods use in the game. I suggest turning Automatic Updates off to allow you time to check on your mods to see if they will continue to work with the new patch or need to be updated by the creators. Download and install the newest versions of your Mods before playing again. If the mod creators tells you that the mod does not need to be updated, you can either download another copy or transfer it from your Sims 4 folder on your Desktop to your new Sims 4 folder. It should also be safe at this time to move your saved games into the new Sims 4 folder as well. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 34 (3,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I opened the game the first time and it instantly goes to a black screen

Message 17 of 34 (3,135 Views)

★★ Guide
@Huskies1211 What happens if you move the The Sims 4 folder as described above by @Tremayne4260?
Message 18 of 34 (3,119 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done EVERY SINGLE suggestion on this thread and nothing has changed. It still loads black every single time. I have a fresh install, no custom content, and origin is disabled in game. Moved files, cleared cache, you name it. Any new suggestions?

Message 19 of 34 (2,864 Views)

★★ Novice

Update on my black screen loading...I tried to think outside the suggestions and I FIXED IT! Yay! I opened the documents > EA > Sims folder then went to the options text file. I looked for the fullscreen mode and changed it to off. (It will originally say "1" for "on". Change it to "0" to turn it off. It loaded perfect after that! 

Message 20 of 34 (2,860 Views)