Custom Content Issues

by crybabybully

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Custom Content Issues

★★★ Novice

I recently just got a new laptop (MacBook Pro) and re-downloaded Origin so I could play Sims 4. Over the past two days, I’ve been downloading custom content that I have used in the past and was excited to use it all only to find that my Sims game has only downloaded half of the content I downloaded. It has completely downloaded things from three content creators (one is a script mod), downloaded half from one creator, downloaded a very small amount from another creator, and everything else I’ve downloaded is not appearing at all.

I’ve tried lots of things to get all my content to load on the game. Repairing the game, removing and adding files back, removing extra sub-files, deleting cache folders, and even triple-checking that the custom content I downloaded is compatible (from what I’m aware of, it works for everybody else). So far, nothing’s worked. Please help! I really wanna enjoy my game fully with my cc!

Message 1 of 15 (543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Custom Content Issues

@crybabybully 

Ah I see. I think I know what the problem is. Have you renamed the file? I think you've removed the file type extension. The file must be a .package file and this would show in the search results you got in Terminal. Rename the hair:

frankie.package

so it looks something like this:

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 20.23.18.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (553 Views)

All Replies

@crybabybully

Is your internal storage getting full and your Mac pushing some of the content to the cloud when you add new files? Few pointers here - https://bluebellflora.com/2018/01/07/sims-4-cc-and-mods-not-showing-up-in-game/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 15 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

My internal storage isn't full, I actually thought that was one of the issues but turns out that it isn't. I also just checked my cloud drive and it's not pushing the content there.

Message 3 of 15 (513 Views)

@crybabybully 

Thanks for checking. Please could you click one of the CC files that isn't showing in-game once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of the file here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 15 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

/Users/lovesickpalaces/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/SFW Mods/Leah Lillith

If it's useful, even though a sub-folder is technically being used, a good 1/4th of the content from this folder IS showing up in game yet the others don't.

Message 5 of 15 (441 Views)

@crybabybully

Thanks. And could you screenshot the contents of that Leah Lillith folder, showing which files are showing up and which ones aren't. Just put a red dot next to the ones that aren't showing up Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 15 (430 Views)

★★★ Novice

For reference, all the ones with folders are showing up. I actually just noticed that the only content that's showing up in my game are specifically from zip folders that I unzipped.

Message 7 of 15 (424 Views)

@crybabybully

Thanks Standard smile So none of the files with just names and the white document file image are working? Maybe they need to be in a folder, have you tried? Could you give me a link to one of the items not showing? Please PM it to me.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 15 (399 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you mean putting all the .package files into their own folder? I can try and see if that works. Also, here's the link to one of the items not showing: https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/Leah_Lillith/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyle... 

Message 9 of 15 (396 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just attempted to compress them into their own zip folder and that sadly didn't work.

Message 10 of 15 (395 Views)