Can we get a second Developement Team?

by Garell1

Original Post

Can we get a second Developement Team?

★★★★★ Novice

Is there any way we can get a second dev team?  And no I'm not talking the cartel market team.  But hire a whole second dev team to come in and get ahead.  Who ever thought this model of making the MMO as you go should be fired.  These poor guys cant even get out the patch notes before the patch.  Not to mention make any other deadline and when they do release stuff its buggy AF.  And the reason is you must have like a whole years content in front of you.  That way while people are playing the current content you have time to do bug fixes, class balances, and what not.  While also working on the following years expansion.  I'm pretty sure the only thing these guys can get done ahead of time is farm out a trailer to Blur.  Sometimes i feel like Bioware is just the middle man between us an Blur.  All we do is pay for commercials that never make it to TV.

So i suggest hiring a second dev team like today.  Would have been better 3-4 years ago, but today work's.  And don't have them touch any of the current stuff and keep them away from the CM.  And just have them working on an expansion dated for dec 2018.  That way when dec of 2018 comes around you can drop an expansion with open worlds (like 1-50 if you forgot) that have class and side missions.  That lead into several flashpoints increasing in difficulty.  Followed by a couple of ops (Ops have multiple bosses in them.  They all come at once.  Not once every 6 weeks that turns into maybe 3 this year) increasing in difficulty.  And then you cap the year off with a new daily area with a stand alone Ops boss.  Throw in two new PvP's and GSF maps and you have a real expansion.  One that people would pay the upfront $60 for and keep subscribers all year long. 

We could bring the player base back but not with this dribble of content.  You guys have proven that this barely any content release through the year is a poor model.  So why don't we become a real MMO again?  It will happen if you can prove for a couple of years that you ahead of the ball. 

Message 1 of 5 (625 Views)

Re: Can we get a second Developement Team?

@Garell1

There are still several positions still open for swtor, looks like the others are now filled as there was more previously at this link  if you know of anyone suitable and interested, be sure to let them know though

Probably one of the wider positions I would go for would be the DEVOPS Team Lead position (Link) at Austin imagine the influence you can have.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 5 (614 Views)

★★★ Guide

An MMO that isn't made as it goes is a standalone game not an MMO. Part of the nature of this genre is that it is always in development. However, I do think that it would be nice if the team had more people to spread the workload across.

I feel like that drop off in credited names between KOTFE and KOTET hurt the game. However, @proxos666 makes a good point. The positions have to be filled first.

Message 3 of 5 (597 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with OP.

When 5.0 released I told my guild mates this year will not bring a expansion, or a lot of content. Reason behind this was I saw their road ahead, and could they did not have the manpower to fix bugs, and push these world bosses(or new raid bosses as they call it) every 3rd month, AND create an expansion pack.

I think the biggest fear of their player base is future of this game, and that makes a lot of players quit. The game publishers say the game will continue, but their willingness to invest money into the game tells otherwise. If were to hire a new developer team, that focused on creating content, while their current team focus on world bosses, class balance, and fixing bugs, then maybe there is a future for this game. Otherwise it just looks like the game is about to shut down, and they try to same as much money as they can before it does.

Message 4 of 5 (582 Views)

★★★ Guide

I feel like the investment in server hardware is a step in the right direction. If they weren't going to eventually invest in manpower, I feel like investing in the servers is a waste. They really do need more people to work on various projects and I'm hoping that we will see evidence of that soon.

Message 5 of 5 (575 Views)