Possible bug when selecting semi-assisted controller type in online friendlies

by gonzalezzzGR

Original Post

Possible bug when selecting semi-assisted controller type in online friendlies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

We have been playing online friendlies and i noticed something.

When you create a game with control type semi-assistedinside the game (i mean after the loading screen etc) the controls are all turned into assisted and you are unable to set any setting into semi-assisted.

Please can you verify if this is a bug?

//Some extra info:

• Platform is PS4.
  • When we select manual for control type everything is as it should, all settings are manual.

Thank you,

Kostas

Message 1 of 6 (2,314 Views)

Re: Possible bug when selecting semi-assisted controller type in online friendli

★★ Novice

Any news on this?

As a spoke with ea customer support this is a known bug, but i don't see any action taken until now. And it is really annoying not being able to play semi-assisted in online friendlies...

Message 2 of 6 (2,166 Views)

Re: Possible bug when selecting semi-assisted controller type in online friendli

★★★ Newbie

Yeah real annoying, there is another thread on this issue by "Daveyboy1376".

He too has spoken to EA and was told the same as what they told GonzalezzzGR, you think they would want to take swift action when they are actually acknowledging it as being an issue but it seems not.....sigh!

Message 3 of 6 (2,012 Views)

★ Novice
I have reported this several times !’ I hope EA
Makes this change ASAP!!
Message 4 of 6 (1,777 Views)

Semi assisted Controller Type Not Working (Online Friendlies)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have detected this bug on Fifa 17 and it is still happening now in FIFA 18. I believe it is very important and very easy to solve it, I hope you can make an update soon.

In online friendly matchs mode you can adjust some parameters. One of them is Control Type. When you select the control type “semi - assisted” , it should restrict both players to that type of control.

The problem is that if the players have configured their default control mode in “assisted” type, they will play in “assisted”. This turns the “semi assisted” restriction during friendly online matches useless, and gives advantage to the “assisted” type player.

For example:
- Player 1 default controls: “semi assisted”.
- Player 2 default controls: “assisted”.
- Online Friendly Match control restriction: “semiassisted”.
- Result: During that gameplay: player 1 will play in semi assisted and player 2 will play in assisted. This should not happen and that is the BuG.

I am happy to help, and expect this to be solved soon... our friend competitions will improve a lot.
Message 5 of 6 (1,784 Views)

Re: Semi assisted Controller Type Not Working (Online Friendlies)

★★ Novice
@alvadc87 Is still the same also in fifa 22 or 23. Really annoying bug 🙈
Message 6 of 6 (624 Views)