sims 4 won't install on 2nd pc

by ronnysimim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 won't install on 2nd pc

★ Novice

sims 4 won't install on 2nd pc. Firstly tried installing on laptop did not install. Now trying to install on pc and says product code already used. what's next

Message 1 of 4 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 won't install on 2nd pc

Community Manager

@ronnysimim Hi there,

Are you logging into the same account? On the 2nd PC? It should be the ronnysimim one, as that is the one you did register your game with. If it is, make sure you have Show: "All Games" and Platform "All Platforms" selected. If it still doesn't show, try selecting Show: "Hidden Games" to see whether that let's you find the box tile.

origin_all_games.gif

Note that we recently changed how some expansions show up in the Origin Client. You can now find them in a different place, just right-click the respective base game tile under "My Games" and choose "View Game Details" in order to see them.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ronnysimim Hi,

You cannot re-use the same product code in order to redeem a game. You can still install it on a second PC though, just follow the below instructions:

You will first want to download and install the Origin Client: https://www.origin.com/download

Next, start the Origin Client with administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

You can then log in with your account, the same that you had used to initially purchase your game.

Now click on the "My Games" tab within the client.

There you will find a box tile of your game. Click it and choose download.

Once the download and installation has concluded, you can click the game tile again and choose play!

Note: While you can have the game installed on multiple computers you can only play it with your account on one computer at the same time.

Let us know if you run into any issues on the way.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 4 (226 Views)

★ Novice

Your statement " Now click on the "My Games" tab within the client.

There you will find a box tile of your game. Click it and choose download.

Once the download and installation has concluded, you can click the game tile again and choose play!"

Does not work due to first attempt of installing on laptop did not work, laptop froze and didn't install game. Now

when I go to "My Games" in client the box title of game is not there. Have tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling,

tried reloading my games etc. to no avail. Game does not show up in my games no matter what I seem to do. Is there anything else you can suggest?

Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)

Community Manager

@ronnysimim Hi there,

Are you logging into the same account? On the 2nd PC? It should be the ronnysimim one, as that is the one you did register your game with. If it is, make sure you have Show: "All Games" and Platform "All Platforms" selected. If it still doesn't show, try selecting Show: "Hidden Games" to see whether that let's you find the box tile.

origin_all_games.gif

Note that we recently changed how some expansions show up in the Origin Client. You can now find them in a different place, just right-click the respective base game tile under "My Games" and choose "View Game Details" in order to see them.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)