Re: need a refund on accidental ea play purchase

by 1nconspicuous1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

need a refund on accidental ea play purchase

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

i accidently bought EA play and cancled it immediatly. I want my money back. 

Ea Id is 1nconspicuous1

Message 1 of 6 (326 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

HI @1nconspicuous1

We are unable to assist with refunds, account issues, Bans, and missing content on Answers HQ. If you want to find out more about how to request a refund we have a few help articles below.   

Additional Information:

Please note these are for purchases through Origin/EA App, If you purchased the game through a retailer or another platform you will want to reach out to whoever you purchased the game from for further assistance.   

Hope this helps!   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (284 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

HI @1nconspicuous1

We are unable to assist with refunds, account issues, Bans, and missing content on Answers HQ. If you want to find out more about how to request a refund we have a few help articles below.   

Additional Information:

Please note these are for purchases through Origin/EA App, If you purchased the game through a retailer or another platform you will want to reach out to whoever you purchased the game from for further assistance.   

Hope this helps!   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The link provided is only for games, not subscriptions 

Message 3 of 6 (266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I guess I'll just need to dispute the charge with my bank. I'll make sure to include this response to show that I was not able to get any help from the merchant.

Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@1nconspicuous1 If you click the refund option in the link below, you should be able to open a case or initiate a live chat: 

https://help.ea.com/en/help-top-issues/?product=ea-play

It's up to you, of course, but I feel I need to mention that potentially your EA account will be banned if a chargeback is initiated. This is why it's better to exhaust every option with EA Help first of all.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 5 of 6 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just spoke with a chat representative through the link provided  but they said that I was unable to get a refund. Even though I didn't get a proper link until today to speak with a rep in the first place!

Message 6 of 6 (152 Views)