if i buy a game not compatible with my laptop can i transfer it to a new laptop?

by rianamar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

if i buy a game not compatible with my laptop can i transfer it to a new laptop?

★★★ Newbie

since the game i want is currently 60% off i want to buy it while it is still on sale.  however, the game only runs on windows and i currently have a Mac.  I am planning to buy a new windows laptop sometime in the next few months since all the games i want only run on Windows.  So, what i'm trying to ask is if i can buy a game, even if it isn't currently compatible with my current laptop, and then later will i still be able to access the game on another laptop that is compatible with it? or would i have to repurchase the game on the new, compatible laptop?  i've never done this before and am new to PC gaming so I wasn't sure how this works.

Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: if i buy a game not compatible with my laptop can i transfer it to a new lap

Hero (Retired)

@rianamar

Yes, you can buy the game for Windows even if you are on Mac OS. Your game will be stored on your EA/Origin Account and when you will install origin client again on a laptop with Windows OS, you will be able to download and install the game from your Origin Library.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

All Replies

Re: if i buy a game not compatible with my laptop can i transfer it to a new lap

Hero (Retired)

@rianamar

Yes, you can buy the game for Windows even if you are on Mac OS. Your game will be stored on your EA/Origin Account and when you will install origin client again on a laptop with Windows OS, you will be able to download and install the game from your Origin Library.

Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)