complaint

by PangoDS0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

complaint

★ Novice

I would like to know how i can make an official complaint and that does not mean being pointed to the chat services as that is who i am complaining about!

My xbox account and origin accounts were created when I had my xbox 360 and i have been using the same email address for both and both are linked together.

When i stopped using my xbox for years and not logged into my origin account for some reason my account was deleted without me knowing. 

I brought a ps4 and when I played an EA game I used my same email address as with my Xbox and origin account and instead of restoring my old origin account it created me a new one. Now I have recently purchased an Xbox and trying to access my account from there it is saying to reset my password which I have done several times but I receive the same message.

I would like to know why my account was deleted in the first place without my consent and why it did not restore and created a new account instead when I linked my ps account to it.

I tried contacting chat services but like others they were very unhelpful and refuse to give me a reason as to why my account was deleted in the first place.

Message 1 of 7 (454 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: complaint

Community Manager

Hey @PangoDS0  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@PangoDS0  The only way to make a complaint is through an advisor, so you can try going through EA Support again to see if they can make it a formal complaint for you.

There are certain criteria that have to be met before EA Support are able to issue a formal complaint and there is no other way to officially make a complaint without going through support. 

Best of luck getting this sorted.

Message 2 of 7 (423 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PangoDS0  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (416 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks but as I say they are very unhelpful and have a "computer says no" attitude. I can tell they are just using scripts and are not allowed to think for themselves. Once they found the deleted account script thats what they stuck to even though that is not the actual problem and from the below test I can prove this.

I tried the reset password function on a work account that has never had a origin / EA account. It came back as expect it could not find the account.

Next I tried a secondary email account I had since 1999. At some stage years ago I must have registered this to an origins / EA account for a pc game (nothing to do with Xbox or playstation accounts). When I used the reset password it sent me a reset link which I used.

When it logged me in it didn't restore my old account it created a brand new account with yesterdays date as the date joined. This is likely what happened to my main account with xbox gamertag linked as it's the same pattern.

So it has nothing to do with me deleting my account(s) as I never did and EA has a serious flaw in the system where instead of restoring accounts via the password reset they instead orphan them and create a new account. Meaning I'm am unable to recover gamertag thanks to EA orphaning my old account.

As I say I need to speak to someone in the 2nd / 3rd line support where they are allowed to think for themselves and don't have a script they are not allowed to deviate from as I know I did not delete my account.

Message 4 of 7 (373 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PangoDS0 sorry to say but if you are not able to verify account ownership then there is nothing that we can do to change that on AHQ.

The best thing to do is to gather as much additional info as possible.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (367 Views)

★ Novice

That is the thing I can verify my account (email address) ownership as it is the same email as I am using now! Also I am logged into Xbox so am able to verify that I own the Xbox account it is linked to as well!

EA orphaned my account under this email address and didn't restore my account when i used the password reset. This is a serious flaw by EA and through no fault of my own I have two profiles for the same email address one which EA has orphaned incorrectly and a new profile that was created when I used the password reset.

This is completely stupid that there is a serious flaw in your system and EA won't even acknowledge it.

It also shows how poor the database management of your system is. There are profiles that are orphaned in your system, this is a massive no no for maintaining a database and causes performance issues.

There is no security risk for removing those orphaned profiles as there are inaccessible by anyone and no linked to anything. This is basic database maintenance...

Message 6 of 7 (358 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @PangoDS0 if our live support team cannot assist then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

I'm going to lock this thread as all account related issues need to be addressed with our live support team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (334 Views)