Re: account hacked

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

account hacked

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello,

Today I have receive an email saying that my "EA Account Email changed" and when I went to change back password, it was all in Russian. I don't ever know any Russian at all. My username was also never "Luk1anch1k". Thankfully the reverting email part was in English. However when i have tried contacted Support, it asked me to request a call from an EA rep. which would be great although my country (Israel) is not listed on the country code list. Is there perhaps a Live Chat or email address I can contact?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 17 (1,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Sorry for the confusion @Gertgrg.

In this case, I would recommend choosing the closest country you share a language with - UK or USA for example for English.

During the Contact Us flow, when you get to the 'Select Topic/Issue' I would recommend Game Info - Features to see a chat option.

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (1,703 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @Gertgrg,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

The contact options see depend on the country selected in the top right of Help.EA.com and the topic/issue you choose when going through the Contact Us flow. 

As your country is not available, I would recommend choosing the closest country you share a language with (UK or USA for example for English).

Also, most Account Management issues are best handled by phone call so this is the contact option presented. If you choose Game Info - Features as your Topic/Issue you should see an option for chat as well.

- Kristi

Message 2 of 17 (1,434 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Hello @Gertgrg,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

The contact options see depend on the country selected in the top right of Help.EA.com and the topic/issue you choose when going through the Contact Us flow. 

As your country is not available, I would recommend choosing the closes country you share a language with (UK or USA for example for English).

Also, most Account Management issues are best handled by phone call so this is the contact option presented. If you choose Game Info - Features as your Topic/Issue you should see an option for chat as well.

- Kristi

I get that but the issue is is that my country, Israel, is not in that list. What do I do in this case?

Message 3 of 17 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

In this case, I would recommend choosing the closest country you share a language with - UK or USA for example for English.

During the Contact Us flow, when you get to the 'Select Topic/Issue' I would recommend Game Info - Features to see a chat option.

- Kristi

Message 4 of 17 (1,704 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

- Kristi

I did as you said and they were able to contact me via phone in the end. Thank you for helping with the Live Chat, I got my account back because of it. Thank you so much for the help!

Message 5 of 17 (1,397 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear that @Gertgrg Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other players.

- Kristi

Message 6 of 17 (1,384 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have the same issue. But when I had the phone call, there was nobody on the phone. I mean there was not even a background noise.. .nothing... My account been hacked and Origin/EA do nothing... I tried to contact EA/Origin in the last 2 days continuously. I tried to call, i answer their call but still nothing... I lost all my games. My friends told me My account disappeared from their friend list... nice.. thank you EA/Origin...

Message 7 of 17 (1,175 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GsR-Tetanus2

If you can't hear anyone on the phone then it sounds like a glitch on either our system, or perhaps on your end? Reaching out to us is the only way to get your problem solved, so I will kindly ask you to try again.

If you need further information on how to reach out to us, or available support options, then please review the following thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Thank you,

Message 8 of 17 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am from the states and there are no links for us either. My account was hacked and my challenge questions are in russian. EA makes it impossible to reach out for help!!! this is ridiculous!!!! I can't fix my account because i can't answer my challenge question!!!! EA FIX THIS!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 17 (1,100 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Smokes_sauce69

Here's the US link:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

An Advisor will be able to help you with any account management changes.

Cheers,

Message 10 of 17 (1,078 Views)