Re: Witcher 3 crash when loading

by thiagist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Witcher 3 crash when loading

★★ Novice

Hi, I am having a problem when I try to load W3 via Origin launcher. It seems that will work fine but in a second appears an error message from windows which says the problem is unknown, it crashes. I read some tutorials from this forum but didn't work.

Since support is taking too long to answer me, I hope the dx diagnostic link may give me a brief response hastebin.com/fuherihuyi.tex 

Message 1 of 3 (207 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hi. No it didnt work. I had to format my pc for the dll errors because none of the apps (spyhunter or dllfixer) worked for me. After that, still having the same problem, at this point I was convicted the problem was my video board then I bought a 960 nvidia and it worked fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @thiagist

1) I checked your DxDiag and you have APPCRASH. Try to run "Repair Game" in Origin and "Check for Update" in Origin. (Right-click on the icon your game and select "Repair Game" and "Check for Update"). Make sure that you have latest version your driver for your graphics card and check for updates your Windows.  

2) Also, I saw that you need to install DLL file (NVCPL.DLL):

Go to http://www.dll-files.com/ and click on "Fixer"  tab. Download  trial version (click on "Get Trial Version") and Install it. Run Dll-Files Fixer and wait for scanning your PC. Next, click on "Install DLL files"  and enter  NVCPL.DLL and click on "DLL-Files.com"  button.  Next, click on nvcpl.dll. Click on "Install Recommended" button. After, reboot your PC.

Please let me know if my post helped you.

Message 2 of 3 (195 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. No it didnt work. I had to format my pc for the dll errors because none of the apps (spyhunter or dllfixer) worked for me. After that, still having the same problem, at this point I was convicted the problem was my video board then I bought a 960 nvidia and it worked fine.

Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)