Will I be able to transfer my games from Origin to EA Desktop app

by trini932

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will I be able to transfer my games from Origin to EA Desktop app

★ Novice

I heard a lot of talk about the new EA desktop app. Will there be a way to transfer my games to the new launcher? I really don't wanna lose my games. 

Message 1 of 20 (49,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will I be able to transfer my games from Origin to EA Desktop app

Community Manager

@trini932 

Will my Origin games need to be re-downloaded on EA Desktop?

Nope! Any games you've downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/FAQ-EA-Desktop-Beta/m-p/9090992

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (49,086 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@trini932 

Will my Origin games need to be re-downloaded on EA Desktop?

Nope! Any games you've downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/FAQ-EA-Desktop-Beta/m-p/9090992

barry.png
Message 2 of 20 (49,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why this doesn't works in GeForce now? And why i can't transfer games from ea desktop to orgin?

Message 3 of 20 (46,331 Views)

Sims 4 not transferring from Origin to EA Games

★★★ Novice

My Sims 4 games and extensions, packs and kits did not transfer over when I switched to EA.  I contacted Tech Support and was told: "I totally understand your concern, now present transferring is not possible. Thank you so much for the patience here so I just got this case investigated by the concerned team and happy to tell you that you’ve nothing to worry about, looks like a few other players have reported this issue as well, however the good news here is that the studio is already aware about it and is already working on a fix, it’s getting rectified as we speak, thanks for your patience on this one and again do not worry we got your back on this one. Good thing is that this has been brought into the notice of the concerning team and they are diligently working to fix it as soon as possible. You just need to wait for some time, this is a known issue to us and our concerned team is working hard to fix the issue. So please don't worry, please wait for some time and check it again. I would request you to please keep an eye on our official Website and Social media page for further updates and information."  In other words there's nothing they can do right now.  So far, my experience with EA  Games app has been awful.  I've been playing for years, don't even want to think about how much money I've invested in the game.  EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with this site.

Message 4 of 20 (16,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have that problem, I updated to the new EA launcher, and now I have to download the game again.

Message 5 of 20 (38,038 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not transferring from Origin to EA Games

★★★ Apprentice

I downloaded and replaced my Origin App with the EA App after updating to the 11th October Patch. Unfortunately it seems that my games files are still located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. After some more investigating I learnt that EA App is located in C:\Program Files\EA Games which to me doesn't make any sense and there is nothing at all inside the EA Games folder where I you'd expect your game to be transferred to.

What's up EA how is it that some people are not having this experience? I have read many people express how everything had transferred successfully as expected and that they were having a wonderful experience with The Sims 4 game running much smoother and faster?

I have also sent a Report to EA with my experience I'm hoping that they'll confirm as soon as possible how we are to proceed as I haven't been able to play for a few days now. I could probably move my files once I find out how to do it correctly.

Message 6 of 20 (16,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually no because i tried that and it does not work at all , I know so because i had starwars battlefront II installed through origin under the same account i logged into the EA app and the EA app counts it as signed in under different account and the library did not sync with the origin library at all so its a hard no 

Message 7 of 20 (35,397 Views)

★ Novice

This is actually the same for me. All of my EA games from steam need me to install Origin for them to run. Epic Legends (Which I acquired through the EA platform and not Steam) is the only game that shows up in my catalog.

Message 8 of 20 (34,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having that same exact issue too. I never even got an email to "switch" over.... So now I can't even play my games

Message 9 of 20 (34,532 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had to switch from Origin to the EA app and most of my games are saying I need to reinstall. I think this is because they're not on my C drive (default) and there doesn't seem to be a way as far as I can tell to change the source for launch... all I can do is change the "install location". If there is a way to do this please let me know because it'll take hours to download these again.

Message 10 of 20 (34,180 Views)