Re: WHY CAN'T you CONTACT EA?

by slynz915

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WHY CANT I CONTACT EA???

★★★ Newbie

've been attempting to contact EA for about 30 minutes now. First, I tried going thru Origin's Help function (that USED TO work). Then I tried Google'ing the phone number. The lattter just referred me to their useless help website (help.ea.com)

Here's why EA's help is useless... see attached pic (if I can successfully attach it and post this)....

Basically, I get to Step 4 in requesting help and find there are no selections. I can choose the back button and that's it. The form is asking me to choose which contact method I'd prefer. Well, I'd prefer to be offered one for starters!

I can't believe EA is so incompetent in so many regards. First, their games are often notoriously buggy on release, 2nd they have a terrible reputation as a sweat shop for their workers, and 3rd now their new help system is absolute **bleep**. I suppose I should not be surprised that at launch it doesn't work. EA should hire more QA people and fewer developers.

Seriously, what is up with the new help site? if you won't allow customers to use any other method to contact you for support, it should friggin work for Pete's sake. I've tried this on 2 diff web browsers, so I know it's not an IE conspiracy.

Message 1 of 6 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: WHY CANT I CONTACT EA???

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Here in the USA, Sundays is when the fewest Game Advisers are on duty.  In some regions, the size of the Help Center staff is so small there is no way to have weekend Live Support.  Where were you attempting to connect to? 

Again referring to the USA, the wait time can easily reach two hours on weekends and during the late overnight work shift.  Anywhere in the world, the same sensitive software is in use, and you must use a virginal copy of a browser when you begin having contact problems.  No active add-ins / plugins, nothing in your browser's cache, etc. 

How many browsers (oops, I see how many) did you test on the contact page?  Let's change that into "which browsers", shall we? 

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (476 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Here in the USA, Sundays is when the fewest Game Advisers are on duty.  In some regions, the size of the Help Center staff is so small there is no way to have weekend Live Support.  Where were you attempting to connect to? 

Again referring to the USA, the wait time can easily reach two hours on weekends and during the late overnight work shift.  Anywhere in the world, the same sensitive software is in use, and you must use a virginal copy of a browser when you begin having contact problems.  No active add-ins / plugins, nothing in your browser's cache, etc. 

How many browsers (oops, I see how many) did you test on the contact page?  Let's change that into "which browsers", shall we? 

Message 2 of 6 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TriSatan64 

Your question was answered.

Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Their site is WORTHLESS. The games always freeze and of course NOBODY can ever answer back SMH

Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If you are only going to complain, that's not what Answer HQ is intended for, and you are off topic here.  We are in the Self-Help business; if you have no problem you want suggestions for, then we'll have to shut this message thread down. 

Message 5 of 6 (374 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

how about stop complaining that people are complaining and fix or be involved in the fix. if you search get ea help this is where you end up... so EA. put a goddamn link to recieve help. problem solved. really is a no brainer.

Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)