Re: Update, repair, finalizing Sims4 issues

by CMeki

Original Post

Update, repair, finalizing Sims4 issues

★★★ Novice

hello

PLEASE NOTE, I have been having issues all the way back from an update that happened last year plus . I did Uninstall and reinstall a couple of times

it has been a love mostly hate relationship with Origin and Sims 4. I have already Uninstall and reinstall Sims 4 and Origin a few months back. I would like to kindly tell you that it takes me a WEEK to reinstall everything. As you could imagine that is really frustrating and my patience has grown quite thin with Origin/Sims 4. Every-single-time I update I ALWAYS have an issue with my Sims 4 game. It will not play after I update. I have repaired the game several times. Everything runs smoothly up until it is time to finalize. Then i get a error message saying that the download failed. Furthermore, uninstalling and reinstalling is NOT going to be an option for me. The problem is NOT on my end the problem is with Origin/Sims 4. I am a loyal fan of the Sims. I have had every generation. From the 2D game to the BEST game they have ever made, The Sims 3, to the not so amazing Sims 4. I have payed hundreds of dollars on this franchise. Tell me, do you think that it is fair to pay for something that doesn't or sometimes work? I make sure that my gaming system is compatible with the Sims game. I have read these forums about people having the same issues all the way back to 2014. Now here it is in the year 2018 and the issue still exist. Because of Origin, I will not buy another EA game if it is associated with origin. Unless they fix the problem once and for all. 

Message 1 of 2 (317 Views)

Re: Update, repair, finalizing Sims4 issues

Champion (Retired)

@Malakah89

Hi, I don't really understand what the issue is, why would you have to reinstall it? Does it not launch after the update? Standard smile Or is it that updates fail and are talking too much time?

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)