Re: Titanfall 2 refusing to launch

by Jehutyin1080p

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 refusing to launch

★★★★★ Newbie

I've recently stumbled upon an issue trying to launch the game but keep getting an error trying to launch it. I've looked at other forums which are saying to install VC++ Packages, but I haven't had any luck on my end since even installing those didn't help. And yes, I did install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of said packages.

Message 1 of 6 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Jehutyin1080p It's visual C++ 2012 the redistributables that you need. If it refuses to install, go to control panel, uninstall every Visual C++ that you can find and reinstall them in order (both x86 and x64 versions) until the 2017

Howtogeek has a detailed guide and the right order, with links from the Microsoft offcial site. You should be able to find easily the redistributables for Visual C++ 2017 redist on the Microsoft site for both x86 and x64 variants. 

As MS couldn't be bothered to make a cumulative install and blocked the installation of the older redist (which are still used by a rather impressive number of new games), you have to put all of them in order. I know that's a bit of work, but you can blame MS for this. They are the ones that decided that we don't need the older redist...

Personally i have done the same with .Net Framework, another redistributables needed by a number of games that i own, so it was double the work for me. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (518 Views)

All Replies

@Jehutyin1080p It's visual C++ 2012 the redistributables that you need. If it refuses to install, go to control panel, uninstall every Visual C++ that you can find and reinstall them in order (both x86 and x64 versions) until the 2017

Howtogeek has a detailed guide and the right order, with links from the Microsoft offcial site. You should be able to find easily the redistributables for Visual C++ 2017 redist on the Microsoft site for both x86 and x64 variants. 

As MS couldn't be bothered to make a cumulative install and blocked the installation of the older redist (which are still used by a rather impressive number of new games), you have to put all of them in order. I know that's a bit of work, but you can blame MS for this. They are the ones that decided that we don't need the older redist...

Personally i have done the same with .Net Framework, another redistributables needed by a number of games that i own, so it was double the work for me. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 6 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@ivrognardI reinstalled all the Visual C++ redistributables and it seems to have alleviated the .dll issue I was having earlier, but now I'm facing what seems to be a resolution bug. Any tips on how to fix this?

UPDATE

It seems that the resolution bug I was having seems to have disappeared. Thanks for all your help, you literally saved me from having a mental breakdown.

Message 3 of 6 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]

Looks like the game tries to start in an unsupported resolution. Can you tell the resolution of your desktop/laptop?! And if you can change it to a higher resolution?

Happy to help, mate. Happy gaming:eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It seems to have fixed itself as far as that resolution bug goes, I guess I just had to restart.

Message 5 of 6 (400 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Likewise!

Message 6 of 6 (392 Views)