Re: Syncing to the Cloud at game launch or at shut down always fails

by theverisrules

Original Post

Syncing to the Cloud at game launch or at shut down always fails

★★★★ Novice

I might get 78%,or 90%,or 88% but the "Syncing Cloud Data" function will always fail and ask me "Play Anyway?',or "Your Cloud data may not be available". These fails are on both ends of the gaming experience...clicking on "Play" in the DA:I box or when I try to shut down my PC and I have to wait for Origin to upload Cloud Storage Data. Come on guys,this is nuts. What is wrong with Origin?

Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, this sounds like it might be a permissions issue. If you restart with a Clean Boot and launch Origin as an administrator, do you see the same behavior?

Have you ensured that Origin isn't blocked by your security software? 

Check the spoilered bit for steps on how to clear the local Origin cache, just in case that's a factor.

Spoiler
1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
2. Navigate to the Origin subfolder located within C:\ProgramData\
· Note: This folder is hidden by default, you will need to un-hide it first.
3. Now delete ALL the subfolders visible within C:\ProgramData\Origin, except for LocalContent folder.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much EA_David for your response. I'll check out what you told me to do,although some of it makes me nervous...as in "Delete all the subfolders visable within C:\ProgramData\Origin"...etc,etc. I've printed out your instructions and I'm crossing my fingers.

Message 3 of 3 (256 Views)