Switch from PC to PS4

by TooShyToTell

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switch from PC to PS4

★★★ Newbie
Hi,
I have boght Mass Effect Andromeda for PC. Now I am planning to get PS4. While I understand difference between platforms, I wonder if I can download ps4 version instead of pc as I have already bought the game.

Thanks for the answer.
Message 1 of 5 (356 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switch from PC to PS4

Hero (Retired)

Hello @TooShyToTell

You have bought Mass Effect Andromeda via Origin Store on PC and to play ME Andromeda on PS4 you will need to buy the game via PS Store.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (373 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @TooShyToTell

You have bought Mass Effect Andromeda via Origin Store on PC and to play ME Andromeda on PS4 you will need to buy the game via PS Store.

Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So there is no way to link the purchase with PS4 store? Like email address or anything? Its a bit unfair as I have bought the product. Development necessary for multiple platforms should be already reflected in games price .. and its not small.

Message 3 of 5 (337 Views)

★ Novice

PS Store and EA origins are completely different billing stores run by completely different companies. It is not that odd that they cant transfer your purchase to another company and platform. Billing systems are not as intangible as you think, or else your personal information would be at risk.

Message 4 of 5 (324 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TooShyToTell

As mentioned by @Zashen-Zakuto and @IIPrest0nII there is a difference between the different available platforms.

Microsoft, Sony and EA (Origin) all host data on their own infrastructure. This means that Sony wouldn't be able to freely access data from Microsoft, and vice versa. It's therefore not possible to simply switch between a platform.

Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)