Re: Sims 3 won't run Windows 8.1

by Mr_MaoTheMao

Original Post

Sims 3 won't run Windows 8.1

★ Novice

I purchased a brand new computer today running Windows 8.1, and installed The Sims 3 and four expansions (Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, Supernatural). All installed and patched perfectly. When I open the launcher and click to play, or try to play straight from Origin, nothing happens. The loading circle spins for a few seconds and I can hear my computer working, then it stops and nothing happens. I do not have discs, or a disc drive to use them in, so that's not a solution at my disposal. 

I've tried running as administrator, nothing comes up with McAfee Internet Security that should stop it from running. As this is a brand new computer there are no caches to clear. I tried running it with Windows 7 compatibility settings. Nothing I've done has produced any result.

I just want this to work, I'm not computer savvy and have been trying to get the game to work for hours. 

Message 1 of 3 (398 Views)

Community Manager

If your computer is new, be sure to check for any extra Windows updates (.NET and such), as well as graphics card updates. Sometimes with new machines one of the many setup steps can be missed.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well and all my updates are installed. Please help as this is a very serious issue for those of us that would like to play the game we have bought.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)