Re: SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED 20kbp/s!!!!

by ivrognard

Original Post

SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED 20kbp/s!!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

ive tried everything yet my download speed on battlefield 1 is still 20kbp/s where'as at steam or any other downloads i get an averages of 600kbp/s. contacted my isp it seems theres no problem. please i saw people post from 2013 and it seems EA isnt solving this issue up until now (2017) please do solve this if you value your customers

Message 1 of 2 (286 Views)

Re: SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED 20kbp/s!!!!

My download speed on Origin goes up to 12 megabytes (yes, yes you are reading it right, those are bytes, not bits). So, most likely there is something from the ISP. And no, i don't live in USStandard smile

Also, check the firewall, as theremight be some settings blocking Origin functionality (quite a few troubles with firewalls and antiviruses with Origin and uPlay, so you have to set those programs manually, if they block the clients)

You might have certain ports closed (you can find a few sites that can check them for you), or antivirus or firewall blocking the client functionality. Most of the time, this problem lies with the ISP. A quick test should tell you if you have the ports open or not. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)