Re: SERIOUS Origin Connection Issues - Offline/Online

by BayonneBee18

Original Post

SERIOUS Origin Connection Issues - Offline/Online

★ Novice

While logged into Origin and throughout various times in the day, I will get kicked into 'Offline Mode' with an error that reads something along the lines that my Origin account can only be logged into one computer at a time. In order to continue playing any multiplayer game (in this case BF4) I have to click the 'Go Online' button in Origin. 98% of the time when this happens, my friends list in Origin gets completely wiped and I have to add everyone all over again. I've had to add people at least a dozen times already. Only a few times did it give me an error after clicking 'Go Online' that it basically asked if I was sure I wanted to continue going online because I would be kicking the other online account off. I for sure thought I was being hacked at this point.

The first time this happened I changed my password. When the problem continued I contacted EA Support's Live Chat. The individual (Kumar) had me change my Origin ID, email address, and my password, which I did. The problem continued. Even while I was trying to change it, I would get kicked offline. 

I again contacted EA Support's Live Chat about this issue because doing the above hadn't stopped it from kicking me offline. The EA Representative walked me through deleting Origin from my computer's registry and reinstalling it. The problem continued. 

My last attempt to fix the issue (in case I was indeed being hacked) was by using the Login Verification Codes under the security tab of Origin's Accounts and Privacy. Everytime I try and log into Origin by entering my email and password it asks for a security code that is emailed to my email address. So far even though this issue has continued, the only emails with security codes that I've received have been from when I physically logged in. This is why I changed my mind about someone hacking my account and am leaning more towards it being an Origin issue. If someone else was entering my email and password, wouldn't I still be getting the email with the login code?

Since talking to EA Support's Live Chat 3x, they keep telling me that they have escalated the issue to a specialty team and I will be receiving an email on what to do next. I've had this issue for over a week and still have yet to receive an email.

I've done the following to try and fix this issue so far:

Changed Origin ID

Changed Email

Changed Password

Updated Security Questions

Added a Login Verification Code 

Deleted Origin from Registry

Reinstalled Origin

Reset my Router

Yet the problem still continues....

I've been having this problem for over a week now. Originally I thought I was being hacked, but it doesn't appear so. It seems more like an Origin issue.

Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)

★ Novice

And I still haven't heard from EA.

Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This happens to me once a month and no solution came from support either, it fixes itself after couple of hours, i think problem is with origin/ea servers.

ok i remembered now, try to login with vpn or proxy it fixes the problem

Message 3 of 4 (254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If the account goes offline because it claims to be installing a 'critical update' what solutions do you have to offer or suggest?

Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)