Re: Re-Buying a game whilst refund is still active?

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Re-Buying a game whilst refund is still active?

★★ Novice

Hi, I purchased Titanfall 2 yesterday after hearing great things about the game, but halfway through the download I decided to wait a while longer and purchase the game at another time. So I then requested for a refund.  

Then today, I decided not to refund the game, and try it out first, so I cancelled the refund request.  However, a few hours later I received an email saying that the refund request was accepted. (after already cancelling the request ticket.)

Due to the refund taking up to 10 days to come through, would the store take out more money from my bank account if i purchased the game again, or would it just keep the money that is due to be refunded?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7 (315 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@dead0ptimist @TheChinOfKronk

Hi,

More money will be taken from your account when making another purchase.

You can have the refund manually cancelled by reaching out to an EA Advisor if you haven't received confirmation yet that it has been accepted. It appears that in your case the two just crossed each other.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (297 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I would also like to know. I want to repurchase a global version, while my localized one is bring refunded (which takes days for some reason, even though it was within 24 hours and I haven't launched it). I wonder if it will cause problems.

Message 2 of 7 (288 Views)

EA DICE Team

@dead0ptimist @TheChinOfKronk

Hi,

More money will be taken from your account when making another purchase.

You can have the refund manually cancelled by reaching out to an EA Advisor if you haven't received confirmation yet that it has been accepted. It appears that in your case the two just crossed each other.

Message 3 of 7 (298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

But I don't need it cancelled, I don't want the localized version. It's natural that I'll be billed again, since I'll have to buy from a third party, what I would like to know is whether activating another iteration of the same product (a global key) will mess my refund (which is being processed for the third day, is it really normal?)

Message 4 of 7 (272 Views)

EA DICE Team

@dead0ptimist

That will not affect your current refund - you are good to go Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (268 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Thanks! Finally, at least some good news in this matter.

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

EA DICE Team

@dead0ptimist

Your're welcome!

Message 7 of 7 (260 Views)